Furniture Sales Representative Career Opportunity
Ashley HomeStore is currently seeking Furniture Sales Representatives for our Richmond Hill store located at 45 Red Maple Road.
As a Furniture Sales Representative, you will be given the opportunity to grow and develop within a results-oriented organization. You will achieve your sales goals by taking each guest through our sales approach, relying on strong product knowledge. You are responsible for maximizing store sales and profitability while working ethically and modeling the company’s core values
Ashley is committed to investing in our team members; we offer:
- Base wage plus commission on written sales;
- Comprehensive benefits plan, assistance program and excellent employee discounts;
- Employer Sponsored Retirement Savings Plan;
- Career growth and continuous development;
- Respectful and family-oriented working environment with strong company values
- World class training programs;
- To work at one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies.
As a Furniture Sales Representative, you will:
- Meet or exceed established and agreed upon sales and productivity goals, which include sales volume, sales performance per guest, financing and sale of product protection plans.
- Develop and maintain product knowledge, understanding the features and benefits to help inform guest purchase decisions.
- Maintain awareness of promotions
- Ensure stock availability when making a sale. Making approximate delivery dates clear to each guest.
- Enter sales orders accurately and take payments
- Develop and maintain a prospect system including outbound calls, leads generated from eCommerce chats, web, telesales, appointments and walk-in traffic
- Manages open orders and delivery timelines.
- Ensure the general tidiness of the store and make regular (daily) walks through the store.
- Maintain knowledge of competitor pricing, programs, products, and service.
- Attend regular daily meetings.
- Constantly improves product knowledge and sales skills by actively engaging in Professional Development programs, Manager coaching and online learning as outlined by store/company.
As a successful candidate you will have the following:
- High school diploma
- 2+ years sales experience in retail, commissioned sales, marketing or related areas is preferred
- Proven selling skills, including demonstrating a strong sales approach
- Able to learn and retain multitude of products
- Able to create, design and coordinate attractive room settings is desirable
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Well-organized, ability to follow through tasks to completion
- Demonstrated working knowledge of MS Office products and ability to learn in-house computer programs
- Must be available to work long hours standing, including days, evenings and weekends
- Must be able to lift and move products up to 30 pounds without a lifting device
- Must be available to take and pass in-house training programs on selling and product knowledge
Plan Your Future With Us!
Ashley HomeStore welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- sales: 1 year (preferred)
- customer service: 1 year (preferred)