Applied Industrial Technologies is currently seeking and have an immediate opening for a qualified and motivated individual to fill the position of CNC Machinist/Operator at our Edmonton, AB location. Applicants must be a service minded, energetic individuals.
- Work in a safe manner, lead by example and contribute to overall company safety
- Set up and running of both CNC Lathes (fanuc based control) and Milling machines (Mazak).
- Ability to optimizing set-up, run times, and off line duties.
- Manufacture parts to the customers satisfaction including both documentation and measurement
- Safely and efficiently run manual Lathes, milling machines, radial arm drills, and grinders
- Ability to read, interpret blueprints
- Ability to understand verbal instructions for machining
- Familiar with a wide range of machining operations not limited to Turning, Boring, Threading, Broaching, Drilling, and Grinding
- Work in a team environment to efficiently achieve a high standard of quality and service to Applied’s extensive customer base
Qualifications (experience & education):
- Journeyman Machinist Certification (Alberta) or Red Seal Interprovincial Certification preferred.
- Proficient with computers including Microsoft Office and ERP software (SAP preferred).
- Knowledge of GibbsCam programming
- Ability to prioritize and a number of tasks and complete a variety of work assignments within structured deadlines.
- Extremely high level of attention to detail
- Ability to use both written and verbal skills to effectively communicate technical information.
Fast-paced environment; work under pressure; attention to detail; repetitive tasks;
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent