Whitelaw Twining is a highly successful multi-disciplinary firm with a focus on litigation and with offices in Vancouver, Calgary and Toronto providing a full-range of legal expertise. In 2022, we increased the opportunities for our firm and our staff by joining the DWF Group, a global provider of integrated legal and business services.
We are an innovative, passionate team, promoting a professional, supportive and engaging environment to our team members. Since the beginning, we’ve pushed beyond standard litigation to find progressive, creative solutions for our clients.
Whitelaw Twining is extremely proud of its professional work environment that encourages team and social interaction between staff and lawyers. We believe that people work best in a collegial atmosphere where they are empowered to build their careers and make a positive contribution to our work environment.
Join us at WT!
We are currently seeking a Legal Support Assistant to join our Calgary team. This is ideal entry-level position for a recent graduate of a Legal Administrative Assistant program looking to ease into the legal field with the mentorship of intermediate/senior level Legal Administrative Assistants and Paralegals. The successful candidate for this position will be able to build positive working relationships, have a keen eye for details and will be able to handle a busy work load.
What you’ll be doing:
- Providing support to Legal Assistants and/or Paralegals and/or Lawyers as required
- Act as a float and provide coverage for Legal Assistant absences and/or vacation
- Reception coverage during breaks/lunches as well as any absences and/or vacation
- Drafting basic emails to clients and attaching necessary materials for review
- Fax cover sheets
- Cover letters enclosing accounts
- Assembling binders
- Sending out cheques for payment
- Typing dictation overflow
- File openings and closings
- File-related data entry
- Processing lawyer and office-related expenses
- Sending out paper mail (correspondence, copying for file, labels, etc.)
What you'll bring:
- Graduate of Legal Administrative Assistant program
- Excellent English oral and written skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Professional manner in communicating with others
- Strong organization, multi-tasking, and teamwork skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Professional and polished attitude communicating with others
- Legal office and/or administrative experience preferred
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion:
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At Whitelaw Twining and DWF Group, we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
Embrace this opportunity to make a meaningful impact on our firm’s success, submit your resume to: https://wtca.bamboohr.com/careers/162