Department: Research and Clinical Studies
Reports To: Senior Manager
Days/Hours: 5 days/40 hours
Compensation Type: Salary
Location: Toronto with occasional travel to Leamington
At Aphria, we are dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our patients and consumers. As industry leaders committed to offering clean, safe, and pure cannabis products, we engage in a collaborative culture that is fast paced, dynamic and highly motivating. If you’re looking to thrive in a new, rapidly growing and innovative space, we would love to hear from you. We are currently seeking a strong leader to join our Research and Clinical Studiesteam.
The Clinical Research Associate will be responsible for assisting and supporting the day to day operations of the Clinical Research team. Candidates should possess strong writing, problem solving, and critical thinking abilities supported by a strong academic standing (85% average and higher). The primary responsibilities of the Research Associate will be to provide support to all levels of the research team. The position will require collaboration with our Education, Medical Outreach, Marketing, and R&D teams to ensure that research activities are aligned with corporate goals. Successful candidates will have a working knowledge of research methods and statistics, general biology and pharmacology, and demonstrated critical thinking abilities.
· Draft research protocols and help oversee Aphria-sponsored research projects with key partners
· Work with quality, regulatory, product, and supply chain to fulfill clinical trial needs
· Perform article searches and comprehensive literature reviews
· Data scoring and data cleaning
· Preparation of slide decks, written reports, and updates to management
· Other duties as required
· Higher education or work experience in a Clinical Research setting
· Master’s degree in Psychology, Health Sciences, Biology, Neuroscience or related field
· Minimum 2 years experience in a research lab and in project management
· Familiarity with Health Canada regulations and procedures regarding NHPs
· Exceptional time-management, organizational skills, problem solving, and writing abilities
· Experience/Background knowledge of cannabis is preferred
Note: The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not constructed to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in the job. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Aphria is committed to providing an accessible and barrier-free environment. Please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation during any part of the recruitment process.
Job Type: Full-time
- research lab: 2 years (Preferred)