Currently we are looking an assistant manager position, and second assistant manager positions for our Zumiez location in Intercity mall, Thunder bay, Ontario.
Zumiez is seeking Managers who thrive working in an empowered environment to achieve success, and are committed to providing excellent customer service in a fast-paced environment. You will be responsible for driving an exceptional customer experience no matter how the customer chooses to engage. We promote from within whenever possible, so potential career tracks could include Store Manager, District Manager or other markets.
Assistant Management Responsibilities:
Zumiez Assistant managers help assist the store manager in staying accountable for profits and losses, hiring and termination of employees, disciplinary actions, team member training and development, inventory, sales promotion execution and merchandising. Responsibilities also include managing staff issues, store employees managers, customer complaints, community relations, compliance with store policies and other administrative duties.
Assistant Manager Qualifications and Skills:
· 1-3 years of retail experience
· Be dependable and reliable, having the ability to work a flexible schedule that changes as the business changes; including nights, weekends and holidays as well as having flexibility with store assignments.
· Have and show an outgoing and friendly behavior along with a positive attitude and the ability to interact with our customers in an engaging manner.
- Individuals who are aggressive, competitive, committed and energetic
· Proven history of successfully training employees
· Strong understanding of sales and customer service techniques
· Demonstrated ability to maintain operational efficiencies
In addition to a rewarding career, Zumiez offers a comprehensive program to help support you and your family. These programs include:
· Industry Competitive Pay
· Opportunities for Career Growth
· Competitive wage and additional incentives offered
· Sales Commission Eligible
· Paid Vacation and Sick Time
· Employee Discount
· Company Sales Contests
· Potential opportunity to go to National Training Events (3 events a year for SM)
· Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Eligibility requirements may apply for the following benefits:
· Affordable benefits coverage, including medical, dental vision (1 ASM only)
· Basic MSP coverage
Zumiez was founded in Seattle in 1978 as a single store called Above the Belt. The empowered and collaborative culture instilled by our founder Tom Campion has made the company's sustained, profitable growth a way of life. Today, Zumiez has grown to over 650 locations in the US, Canada, and Puerto Rico, and has become a global leader in specialty retail. If you are ready to embrace our culture, provide an exceptional customer experience, and be part of the #1 Action Sports Retailer in the World, apply today and let’s talk about a career with Zumiez.
If you think you are a great candidate and possess the above qualities and skill sets please forward your resume by email or in person to the store manager.
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Store discount
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- Commission pay
- Overtime pay
Work Location: In person