As an energy service company, Noralta Technologies provides a combination of patented technology and service that supports oil and gas producers in Western Canada. We aim to fully understand the goals and obstacles our clients face, and continually innovate ways to help them improve their performance. In this way, we envision becoming outstanding partners to our clients, constantly evolving new technologies and services, and sharing in their successes.
Why work here
Our Journeyman or apprentice electricians will experience every aspect of the trade from electrical construction to SCADA installation and maintenance. Each day offers variety and challenge. Surrounded by co-workers who are engaged in the community, our employees take pride in the work that they do and the company that they work for.
With a 26-year successful history, the company has grown up in Alberta. Noralta strives to create an atmosphere and culture that embraces work/life balance, an understanding of what our employees require to be successful and where hard work and commitment is rewarded with advancement opportunities.
What our work looks like
We seek Journeyman or apprentice electricians with relevant commercial, industrial and oilfield experience. With a consistent focus on safety, cost control and client satisfaction, the Electrician will also have a history of producing quality work with attention to detail that meets or exceeds client needs. Selected candidates can be expected to:
· Install, examine, replace or repair AC/DC Motors and Drives, PLC's, 480 volt power, 120 volt control circuits, 4160 volt switchgear, transformers, motors, starters, relays and hydraulic and pneumatic electrical controls.
· Install, examine, replace or repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, fibre-optic and coaxial cable assemblies, lighting fixtures and other electrical components.
· Install, examine, replace or repair generators, alternators and industrial storage batteries.
· Size and install electrical circuits including panels, wire size and type, conduit, protective devices, switches, and related equipment needed to comply with the CEC and/or NEC.
· Fabricate, install and/or run conduit, 3-Phase work, motor terminations, control and instrument troubleshooting and panel work.
· Test electrical and electronic equipment and components for continuity, current, voltage and resistance.
· Perform preventive maintenance inspections and testing of various electrical systems (including power distribution equipment).
· Correct wiring and connections on machinery controls where incorrect applications could cause damage and hazardous conditions.
· Conduct preventive maintenance programs and keeps maintenance records.
· Work on systems operating at 240 volts, 480 volts wye, 480 volts delta, 4160 volt switchgear, transformers and motors by following electrical drawings and using test instruments such as a voltmeters, ammeters and PC’s.
· Read and interprets drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment installations.
· Quickly repair electrical failures and replace parts where production time is frequently affected.
· May install, maintain and calibrate industrial instrumentation and related devices.
· Comply with standards and procedures of the Noralta Technologies Inc. Safety Manual and Occupational Health and Safety Regulations.
· Red Seal Electrician
· 5 - 10 years experience as an electrician performing electrical maintenance and installation in an Oilfield environment.
· Possess a high degree of initiative, creativity, communication skills, self-supervision, and respect for safety requirements.
· Be a team player and work closely with maintenance, production, engineering and outside services.
· Have a flexible work schedule - shift work, overtime and weekends and schedule changes are routine and required aspects of this position.
· Be proficient in fundamentals of lockout/tagout.
· Have a knowledge or ability to interpret the Canadian Electric Code.
· Be able to understand a project request from upper management, lay it out, determine and order materials needed and be responsible for successful completion and start-up.
· Possess the ability to read electrical schematics, diagrams, and blueprints.
· Be experienced in performing preventive maintenance tasks, taking corrective action for repairs, and be knowledgeable in electrical equipment installations.
· Have experience with AC & DC motors and drives.
· Understand P&ID’s.
· Be able to climb ladders.
· Proud of the work that you do
· Go the extra mile to finish what you start.
· Openly share your ideas
· Clear respect and support for the complimentary trades.
· Ability to see around the corner – taking a safe approach in everything that you do.
· Comprehensive company benefit plan
· Company truck (personal use allowance)
· Tool Allowance
For your safety and the safety of everyone around you, the following with be required:
· Valid Class 5 drivers’ license and a clean Drivers Abstract
· Pre-employment Drug and Alcohol testing
· Red seal qualification documentation
· Two professional references
We thank all applicants for their interest in Noralta, but only candidates chosen for an interview will be contracted.
Application deadline: 2021-09-30
Expected start date: 2021-09-30
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $35.00-$45.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday