About ZWILLING J.A. Henckels:
For over 285 years, ZWILLING J.A. Henckels has offered premium products that enhance the lives of professional and home chefs worldwide. Since its start as an esteemed cutlery brand, the company has grown to include a coveted collection of cookware, flatware, glassware and kitchen gadgets. The next addition will be kitchen electrics. Tradition, quality, innovation, and craftsmanship are its ingredients for success.
Today, ZWILLING J.A. Henckels is an international industry leader that sells products in 100 countries. Always looking forward, ZWILLING acquired global heritage brands —Staub (France), Demeyere (Belgium), Ballarini (Italy), and MIYABI (Japan)—to give its customers access to the most exceptional kitchen products.
Jr. Graphic Designer - Packaging
We are looking for a Jr Graphic Designer with experience in package design. Following creative direction and strict brand guidelines, you will assist in packaging layout and creating online digital assets. Candidates should have a minimum of 1 year experience in a package design role (internship experience is accepted). Strong grasp of package production, die lines, and layout is required and should be able to showcase various samples of package designs through a portfolio of work.
This is a 3-6 month contract position located at our head office in Markham, Ontario.
- Working experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Packaging experience - working with die lines
- Strong production skills - ability to layout photos and content following strict brand guidelines
- Strong understanding of common design elements such as shape, colour, graphics, and typography with strict attention to detail
- Experience with image re-touching, re-sizing and/or manipulation and clipping paths
- Experience developing digital content (website graphics, Google display ad units, & social media content)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be very organized with the ability to handle multiple projects, tight timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Highly creative mindset
- Enthusiastic, able to work independently and within a team
- Bilingual (English/French) preferred
- Post-Secondary Degree in Graphic Design
- 1-3 years of Package Design experience
- Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Portfolio of work (please attach or provide link)
No phone calls or recruiting agencies please.
Zwilling J.A. Henckels Canada Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Should you require accommodations, please be sure to inform Human Resources during the application process.