Palm Gardens Cannabis Company; creating sophisticated cannabis for mature consumers.
Since its inception, Palm Gardens was created to be a quality first oriented cannabis company, and we are now seeking passionate, like-minded individuals to work together to create a product that will exceed customer expectations and stand out in Canada’s adult use market.
This is an opportunity is based in Edmonton, Alberta and is curated for motivated individuals that believe in a team environment. The role of Cultivation Manager will be a part of the leadership team and report to the Operations Manager on a daily basis ensuring a compliant, safe operation in all aspects of plant growth and day to day facility operations.
Palm Gardens Ltd is excited to be growing as an Edmonton based Licensed Producer. We are currently seeking to fill the role of Cultivation Manager. The position will be reserved for an individual who breathes passion, prides themselves on being detail oriented and whom provides an educated approach to their actions. The position is a full-time basis assuming daily duties to ensure a consistent, and efficient crop yield while operating under the Cannabis Act and adhering to facility specific SOP’s. The position is also responsible for documentation compliancy and training of new cultivation technician roles.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Assuming responsibility for overall plant health, crop yield and environmental maintenance
- Lead, assist, train, and oversee all cultivation related tasks including seedling sprouting, cloning, transplanting, nutrient management, pest management, defoliation, flushing, pruning, harvesting and drying
- Maintain, develop, and operate compliantly under facility SOP’s
- Developing efficient practices for optimal facility workflows and coordinating production schedules
- Maintain company standards for cost control and waste reduction
- Operate daily with Inventory Management software
- Accurately dose and mix dry and liquid nutrient concentrations
- Display safe handling and use of chemicals
- Ability to solve problems and recommend opportunities to improve productivity and efficiencies
- Other duties deemed essential by management and operating procedures including but not limited to: facility housekeeping, sanitizing of equipment and surfaces, as well as general maintenance.
- Ensure cleanliness at all times
- Strong work ethic alongside the promotion of a safe and happy workplace
- Minimum five years’ experience in commercial horticulture
- Competencies in Canada’s Cannabis Industry Policies (Cannabis Act)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be precise and detail focused
- Must be mathematically skilled
- Read and write English
- Ability to pass security clearance background check
- Basic computer competencies
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs, standing, bending for extended periods of time
- Must be able to work in temperature controlled rooms, with high energy lighting
- Ticketed Pesticide Applicator Certificate
- University degree specializing in Biology, Chemistry, Plant Sciences, Agronomy, Agriculture, or Environmental Sciences
- Experience in food and beverage manufacturing considered an asset
Skills/ Assets/ Abilities
- Basic skills with hand tools
- Understanding of control software’s and CPU operations
- Computer literacies such as Microsoft Office and IMS
Why Palm Gardens?
Palm Gardens is an independently owned and operated company that holds true character and family values. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity that values the strength of diversity within the workplace. All qualified individuals will be considered regardless of race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates will receive health, medical and dental benefits after the probationary period.
We also have pizza parties.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year
- Management: 2 years (Preferred)
- Cultivation: 5 years (Required)