360°kids has been a leader in the delivery of innovative support services for over 30 years as we work to improve the lives of homeless and at-risk youth and families in York Region. We are a vitally important community agency serving all of York Region. At 360°kids, we provide a unique continuum of care approach with a range of programs and services that are essential to the health and well-being of youth and that are proven strategies for helping to keep youth off the streets by providing safe housing options.
With a high level of enthusiasm, the successful candidate is eager to contribute to an inspiring organization that makes significant impact within our community. The incumbent will be self-motivated and driven to succeed with a “solutions-focused” attitude. Inspired to contribute, and ready to work hard and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment, the individual must be passionately inspired by our mission.
The HOPE Program offers emergency housing and transitional housing support to female survivors of Human Trafficking. This program will build on the skills youth currently have and assist them in becoming successful as they continue on with their life’s journey. The Youth Worker will directly support the youth in the 360°kids apartment and provide mentoring, crisis counselling and case management services in a respectful, peaceful and caring environment where they can get the support they need in order to achieve their goals.
- Provide case management support and informal counselling to program participants in order to assist them in their transition to independence
- Oversee the operations of apartments (monitoring health and safety of apartments, enforce house rules, policies and procedures, rental collection and coordination, respond to crisis situations and other duties as required).
- Encourage and support clients to secure suitable housing within the community and assist youth to access various community programs regarding housing, mental health, etc.
- Advocate on youth’s behalf and act as a positive role model for youth.
- Facilitate regular life skill programming and therapeutic workshops that will build on the youth’s skills and prepare them for independence.
- Manage household responsibilities, including the preparation of meals with the youth.
- Maintain positive relationships and interact with various community partners including York Regional Police, CAS, client family members, neighbours and Property Management personnel.
- Positively contribute to 360°kids as an organization.
- Other responsibilities as required.
QUALIFICATIONS OR SKILLS REQUIRED:
CYW Degree/Diploma or Post-Secondary education in a Human Service related field or the equivalent of combined education and experience working with youth. Previous experience working with street involved youth a must. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to work from a trauma informed approach; possess a thorough understanding of issues pertaining to youth; understanding of domestic human trafficking; knowledge of relevant legislation and a strong understanding of case management principles. Previous experience working with and supporting youth involved in Human Trafficking an asset. Demonstrated client focused counselling skills and role modelling, with a high level of sound judgement. Must possess excellent communication skills and have the ability to be adaptable with a flexible approach taking into consideration the unique qualities of each client. Ideal candidate will have strong organizational skills, and exceptional interpersonal skills that promote positive team building, negotiation and conflict resolution. Will possess a broad knowledge of community resources and the ability to strongly advocate for clients and make professional referrals. We are looking for candidates who understand the benefits of physical and outdoor activities and will be comfortable with programming which promotes a healthy lifestyle, including outdoor activities.
This role is a Full Time role; rotational day/evening shifts. Candidates must be flexible to work a variety of shifts including days and evenings.
Must have: Current first aid/CPR certification, current vulnerable sector screening (criminal background check), car and valid driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract and $2 million liability insurance.
The HOPE Program offers emergency housing and transitional housing support to female survivors of Human Trafficking; candidates identifying as Female will be given priority.
360°kids is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified candidates. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. 360°kids offers accommodation for applicants in our recruitment processes, if you are contacted regarding a job opportunity please advise if you require accommodation.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- working with clients involved in Human Trafficking: 3 years (Preferred)
- working with at-risk or street involved youth: 3 years (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
- CPR First Aid (Required)