OUTSIDE SALES SPECIALIST
Our client is a leading service provider and manufacturer of goods in Calgary.They are currently seeking a customer facing Outside Sales Specialist to join their team.Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Outside Sales Specialist is responsible for developing markets throughout Western Canada by understanding customer’s needs and delivering timely and comprehensive sales solutions. The successful candidate will deliver exceptional hardware and software solutions to a diverse clientele across many different types of industries. The ideal candidate is an experienced salesperson with a background in bringing technical solutions to industrial companies.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
Include but are not limited to:
- Developing and executing plans to grow assigned and new customer accounts in a pre‐existing territory.
- Meeting or exceeding established sales targets and metrics.
- Traveling to customer sites throughout Southern Saskatchewan/Alberta/BC and building lasting customer relationships.
- Evaluating customer business needs and analyzing market trends to develop customer centric product and service solutions.
- Demonstrating strong negotiation skills and the ability to manage and maintain profitable margins.
- Staying informed of market conditions, product innovations, and competitors' products, and sales; sharing information with customers as part of value‐added services provided.
- Leveraging sales technology and business resources to provide end to end sales consultative services.
- Using internal sales tools and CRM to report on daily/weekly/monthly progress and activities.
- Working effectively with other internal departments to streamline sales process and project execution.
- Demonstrating commitment to continuous learning to optimize performance and career growth.
- Acting as a liaison between customers and the company, serving the best interests of both parties.
- Acting in a professional and respectful manner towards all customers, staff, and public.
Knowledge & Skills Required
Include but are not limited to:
- High School Diploma is required, Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years proven success in an equipment and technology sales role is required.
- A valid driver’s license and clean driver's abstract is required.
- Ability to work in a high performance, fast‐paced team environment is required.
- Proven experience being able to work on the road and execute sales trips independently is required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- A demonstrated interest in building a career in sales is required.
- Strong understanding of equipment, mechanical structures and technology is required.
- Advanced working knowledge within Microsoft Office software as well as previous experience using a sales tracking tool or CRM is required.
- Must be driven, persistent, detail oriented and customer focused.
In addition to a competitive salary, commission structure and comprehensive benefits package, our client can offer an exciting and challenging work environment, as well as a company culture that values; team, innovation, ethics and fair management.
If you believe that you could thrive in our environment, and are interested in pursuing this opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Candidates considered for this position will be contacted directly.
Job Type: Full-time
- Microsoft Office software: 1 year (Required)
- using a sales tracking tool or CRM: 1 year (Required)
- equipment and technology sales: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- driver’s license and clean driver's abstract (Required)
- English (Required)