Muir Tapes and Adhesives (MTA) is a leading supplier to automotive and industrial manufacturers. MTA began as 3M’s original Canadian distributor, creating custom products for businesses needing specialty tapes and adhesives. Over the past 60 years, the company has grown and evolved into a leading tape converter, offering a variety of solutions to a wide range of customers, from key tier 2 automotive part suppliers, to unique industrial manufacturers. We are a customer centric organization, driven to succeed. We operate with a continuous improvement mindset and a culture of ONE TEAM working together to achieve greatness. Our sole mission is to help manufacturers make things better.
Position Function: As a member of the Production Team and reporting to the Production Supervisor, the Die Cutting Machine Operator is responsible for converting the required orders given to them on a daily basis in a safe and efficient manner with a focus on producing a product of superior quality.
Scope: This position will setup, maintain, and operate a variety of die cutting machines. The Die Cutting Machine Operator will ensure the efficient running of his/her machine. Being a team player is essential since all tasks will require close collaboration with co-workers. The goal will be to ensure production procedures are carried out in an efficient and accurate manner, maximizing product yield and profit margin.
The Die Cutting Machine Operator will primarily operate one of Muir Tapes & Adhesives Die Cutting Machines. However, once properly trained, the Die Cutting Machine Operator will likely rotate to other Die Cutting Machines.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
- Die Cutting Machine Operator will read and scan the production ticket along with the product # and Lot# and set up the machine according to the settings listed in the run parameters listed on the HMI or the Trial Results memo.
- Read all notes and any related NCRs that appear on the HMI screen or in the notes
- Confirm & record start size of material being used
- Die Cutting Machine Operator will verify they are converting the correct material and get a double check
- Verify the dimensions of the First Off and ensure they meet the customers required dimensions, tolerances, as well as a visual inspection to ensure the quality meets Muir Tapes’ standards using a variety of tools including but not limited to calipers, micrometers and tape measures
- Packing the product to meet customer requirements or Muir Tapes’ packaging standards
- Filling out the appropriate paperwork, the Die Cutting Machine Operator is responsible for (but not limited to) recording the time needed to complete the production ticket, quantity converted, and any waste accumulated during the production process, material left over to be returned to inventory
- Print labels for packaging and deliver finished product to Inventory Control
- Operate hand trucks and other lifting equipment
- The Die Cutting Machine Operator is responsible for the completion of the daily and monthly maintenance inspection checklist
- The Operator will report any anomalies discovered during the inspection process or while operating the machine to his/her supervisor immediately
- The Operator may be asked to do minor repairs to the machine as required
Organization and Other Responsibilities:
- Be an active participate in Die Cutting Team meetings
- Continually pursue production improvements to enhance quality and run times
- Clean and maintain workstations and surrounding work areas in accordance with Muir Fabrications 5S Standards
Skills and abilities required:
- Be able to interpret drawings and follow work instructions
- Be able to perform mathematical calculations to Grade 12 level (minimum)
- Must be mechanically inclined – able to understand how machines work and make adjustments if required
- Understand and work to automotive industry quality standards and tolerances
- Be exceptionally well organized with an acute attention to detail
- Be able to receive and follow instructions, training and coaching
- Accurately complete paperwork and enter information into our Work Instruction System
- Must be a team player and collaborate and assist colleagues as needed
- College graduate with a diploma in mechanical engineering is an asset
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00-$24.00 per hour
- Machine Operator: 1 year (preferred)