*This is an on-site position only! Location: 220 Dunn Rd. Stratford, Ontario*
$29.50 - $42.00 per hour
Shift Premium: $1.00 per hour on afternoons & midnights
Benefits: Company pension, Dental care, Disability insurance, Employee assistance program, Extended health care, Life insurance, On-site parking, Vision care
Additional pay: Overtime pay
- 1.5 x rate of pay after 38.33 weekly hours
- 2.0 x rate of pay after 46 hours
Relocation Assistance Available
Area of Accountability:
Stamping presses, mechanical repairs for various manufacturing equipment. Implementation of continuous improvement activities to equipment including verification and effectiveness of the change.
- Follows all safety rules, guidelines and uses appropriate PPE. Raises potential safety hazards to others as well as the equipment.
- Maintains excellent 5S conditions.
- Identify short term and long term countermeasures for production problems that arise specifically when stamping
- Troubleshoot formability problems such as splits/cracks or wrinkles/distortions.
- Identify flaws in the finished product or operation of tooling and take corrective action.
- Perform preventative maintenance on dies including electrical and mechanical checks in accordance with standardized procedures.
- Troubleshoot and repair hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical systems that are commonly integrated within stamping dies.
- Operate cranes to safely move and turn dies for preventative maintenance, repair, or operational needs.
- Fit and assemble parts using a variety of hand tools.
- Perform welding, hand finishing, grinding, and polishing.
- Read and interpret drawings and specifications of tools, dies, and stamping tooling.
- Operate a variety of machine tools to cut, turn, mill, plane, bore, grind, and shape the piece being worked on to a very specific dimension.
- Perform basic administrative skills including computer data entry and documentation of work performed by written and electronic methods.
- Participate in and provide On the Job Training with / to other maintenance Team Members
- Maintains inventory of spare parts.
- Attends daily Start of Shift and End of Shift meetings for proper handover of shifts.
- Assists with 8-Step problem solving activities.
- Demonstrates an understanding of FIO’s Environmental Policy and participate in programs that enhance environmental performance. Identifies and communicates any potential non-conformances.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the EPRP (Emergency Preparedness Response Plan).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Qualifications:
- An Ontario or Inter-Provincial Tool & Die Maker Certificate.
- Be available for shift work and overtime as required.
- Strong communication skills including written and verbal.
- Sound judgment in decision making and establishing priorities.
- Proactive and oriented to make improvements in systems and procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and teamwork.
FIO Automotive Canada Corporation is proud to provide employment accommodation during the interview process. Should you require any accommodations, please notify Team Member Relations and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Job Types: Permanent, Apprenticeship, Full-time
Salary: $29.50-$42.00 per hour
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (required)
- Tool and Die: 3 years (required)
Work Location: On the road