Cheap accommodation provided starting at $16.50 per day with free cafeteria meal every working day. www.lakelouisejobs.com to know more about living in Lake Louise!
Wedding and Catering Manager
The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise is seeking an individual who is sales minded, creative, and innovative with an outgoing, friendly, and persuasive personality to join our team. Reporting to the Director of Conference Services and Catering, the successful candidate will work with small to mid-sized groups (corporate, incentive, catering & ski) and provide direction and leadership to the Wedding Market.
Embrace your passion for hiking, skiing, snowboarding and many other outdoor activities in Banff National Park while pursuing a fulfilling career at Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. Take a risk, make a change and experience a new adventure while further developing your career. To live and work in a National Park is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Our team is a network of empowered individuals with a strong sense of themselves and the hospitality industry. Work hard, play hard and receive extraordinary benefits including subsidized onsite accommodations, which make saving money very easy to manage. Join our Fairmont family today!
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Accountable for booking and increasing Wedding/Social Event business, through the development of new business and active follow up of existing inquiries.
- Respond to all inquiries within one hour.
- Develop an action plan to maximize revenues from the social /wedding market
- Effective management of activities/bookings to assist in achieving hotel revenue targets.
- Quote and negotiate pricing within established parameters and process contracts.
- Solicit from and confirm with client, all information pertaining to the event, and organize and distribute all information to departments through memos, banquet event orders, resumes and rooming lists. Effectively communicate all changes so labour and food costs can be controlled.
- Communicate effectively with hotel operation departments to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Manage room blocks in relation to pick up, rooming lists, attrition and cancellation.
- Coordinate for the client while maintaining strong relationships with outside suppliers: entertainment, electrical, audio-visual, display, decor and floral.
- Conduct pre-convention meetings when required.
- Conduct professional site inspections and test meals as required.
- Be available to assist client while on site at appropriate times (evening and weekends are required). Require flexibility to accommodate irregular or extended hours.
- Complete exit interviews following the function to ensure complete satisfaction with our services & event.
- Participate in wedding tradeshows as required.
- Identify and communicate lead referral opportunities for other Fairmont Hotels and Resorts.
- Attend required in-house meetings as required.
- Stay current with trends; assist with creation of new themes, special events and service standards.
- Collect market and competitive intelligence – adjust strategy as required.
- Departmental payroll administration
- Post-Secondary Education or Hospitality Certificate.
- 1 year experience in Conference & Catering Services or Sales with background in hotel operations an asset
- Professional presentation, excellent communication skills and the ability to close a sale.
- High energy with exceptional organization skills. Must be able to work independently and maintain a positive attitude within a busy environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong knowledge of food and beverage, including wine and food pairing an asset.
- Computer literacy required including knowledge of Word, Excel.
- Must be a creative and effective leader, possessing a high degree of professionalism.
Visa Requirements: Only candidates who have the ability to work in Canada will be considered.
APPLY TODAY: We encourage you to visit our website to learn more about living and working in Lake Louise!www.lakelouisejobs.com
*ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
*At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year