Residential Construction Estimator
From a simple two-man crew, Donald Contracting has grown be be the largest Concrete and Drain company in Ontario.
Since its formation in 1953, the company remains a privately owned business. Donald Contracting introduced the first stone slinger to the Toronto market in 1977 – an industry first. Through adaptability & innovative new processes & systems, Donald Contracting continues to pride itself on being the industry leader for over 65 years. We follow the same beliefs as our founder: integrity, quality and professionalism all in a stable, professional and progressive environment which has supported our longevity.
If you’re eager to explore the potential of an opportunity for growth and you meet the following criteria, we are interested in you.
- University Level English communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Post Secondary Diploma / Designation from a (Canadian Accredited program in Construction Estimating or Architectural Technology/ Architectural Technician
- 3 years experience in roles such as Assistant to a Construction Estimator/ Jr., Construction Estimator, Project Administrator, Project Assistant or Project Coordinator
- 3 years of Sales experience in a Construction related field in addition to your above-noted Diploma / Designation
- Goal-oriented with the ability to build professional, long-term relationships
- Ability to source new customers and close deals
- Outgoing and friendly personality with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and documents
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Ability to work accurately under pressure with a high attention to detail
- Working independently to produce accurate estimates of materials & labour for customers
- Ensuring pricing consistency by maintaining historical information on quoted and completed projects
- Preparing project costing and budgets
We are looking for a positive professional. If you meet all of these criteria, approach your work with organization and attention to detail and a willingness to learn, we offer a permanent, full time, long term place of employment. We provide the comraderies of a family atmosphere with the technology and practices of an efficiently-run process-driven business.
Our employees come from a variety of backgrounds and experiences; however, we share common values. We have a strong sense of loyalty, a team-oriented culture comprised of solid, hands on people – all willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done and help each other as needed. We foster a positive and collaborative work environment, where everyone feels welcomed, valued and challenged.
Donald is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Sales: 3 years (Required)
- Estimating: 3 years (Required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Required)