Our client is a rapidly growing agricultural tech company that has revolutionized the dehydration of fruits, vegetables, and hops. By utilizing vacuum microwave dehydration technology and is looking to add a Controller to their team that embodies their core values of hard work, teamwork, exceptional customer service, and superior craftsmanship.
The successful candidate is responsible for overseeing and signing off all financial activities of the company including business planning, budgeting, forecasting and negotiations. The qualified person will provide leadership, direction and management to the finance and accounting team. The candidate will be expected to manage and deliver on expected time and standards of excellence set by the clients and senior management.
- As a true business partner to the CEO, assess organizational performance against both the annual budget and company’s long-term strategy
- Develop tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the CEO and make actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations.
- Assist in establishing yearly objectives
- Providing leadership, direction and management of the finance and accounting team
- Serve as a member of the executive leadership team
- Participate in key decisions pertaining to strategic initiatives, operating model and operational execution
- Reviewing and developing all finance procedures
Financial Planning and Analysis
- Oversee the issuance of financial information
- Managing the processes for financial forecasting and budgets, and overseeing the preparation of all financial reporting
- Develop quarterly, annual, and long-term financial plans and forecasts.
- Develop and track key operating and financial metrics
- Oversee operations of the finance department, set goals and objectives, and design a framework for best practice execution consistent with the company’s operating goals.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Develop and manage monthly budgets with department heads. Report to management on variances from the established budget and the reasons for those variances.
- Oversee core legal, tax, and other responsibilities, working with our contracted service providers, when necessary.
- Coordinate with outside contractors, auditors, bankers and shareholders, as needed.
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts
- Manages risks and their impacts; creates awareness of risks with both internal and external stakeholders
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company’s risk profile
- Monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry
- Construct and monitor reliable and effective control systems
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Facilitate and lead annual financial statement audits, serving as liaison between external auditors and the CEO
Qualifications, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Manage and Oversee the implementation and use of our ERP system (Microsoft NAV)
- Analyze costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results, and the company’s actual performance compared to plan and recommend strategies to keep the business on plan.
- Responsible for contract management, invoicing, and collections operations.
- Assist in determining product pricing in relation to features offered and competitor pricing.
- Compile key business metrics and report on them to management.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Commerce with the concentration of Finance and Accounting is required.
To be considered for this role please send your resume directly to: Dushyanthi Krishna at Dushyanthi.Krishna@Roberthalf.com quoting job number 05060-0011222084.