GIS Data Analyst
Location: Mississauga, ON
Reference ID: 21905091
M.W.N. Technologies Inc. is a consulting company focused on providing our clients with the exceptional service in the fields of Analytics and IT. The care for our clients, our staff, and our candidates is what sets M.W.N. apart.
M.W.N. takes pride in providing the best for our staff, and recognize that people are a company’s greatest asset. This is why we have made M.W.N. a great place to work for, yes sometimes there might be late nights working on projects, but we strive towards having an exciting and collaborative work environment. At M.W.N., we provide our staff with the opportunity to take their career further. We strive to help our staff build their skills among skilled project teams that are innovative, collaborative, and teach skills that are required to be a good professional.
We are currently looking for a GIS Data Analyst to join our team on a contract position. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with other skilled GIS team member that will work on projects that require geographic-based information and analytics. As a GIS Data Analyst, you will be responsible for developing, managing, and maintaining Geospatial assets and creating and updating map products. In addition, you will perform complex spatial analysis using SQL and ArcGIS. The role requires that you are both proactive and reactive to support the needs of any project and must be able to juggle multiple projects with constantly evolving priorities. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is passionate about GIS and wants to work in an atmosphere with passionate analysts if this sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you.
- Create, modify, and conduct quality control of essential geospatial datasetsfor company wide use for a variety of critical applications
- Utilize GIS tools to perform topology corrections and make geometric modifications
- Creating and updating maps relating to customer demographics, store locations, etc.
- Assist in the creation, validation, and analysis of essential spatial datasets
- Collaborate with cross-functional departments to help develop efficient workflows
- Perform complex spatial analysis using SQL and ArcGIS
- Create informative and accurate maps that assist readers in visualizing the full project scope
- Perform team-based tasks as part of cross-functional duties
- Partner with project team members to assist in the completion of ad-hoc requests as required
- Degree or Diploma in GIS, Geospatial Management, Geographic Analysis, Geography, or a related discipline
- 1-2 years of experience in a GIS Analyst role preferred
- Thorough knowledge of ArcGIS software and web mapping applications
- Comprehensive knowledge of database concepts, including hands-on experience with modeling, creating, using, maintaining, processing, and translating. Experience with image and vector caching, scripting, automation development, and cartography design principles.
- High business Acumen
- Sound communication and presentation skills, and familiarity with project management (e.g. PMI) techniques.
- Effective interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Excited to work in a fast-paced environment with constant change and limited direction
Please submit your application and resume directly through www.mwntechnologies.com quoting “GIS Data Analyst” in your Objective Statement. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
We are committed to diversity and having a safe workplace. We consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract