The award-winning Vancouver Convention Centre is currently in search for a Sales Associate to join our team for a limited term of a 20-month contract. This exciting role will report directly to the Assistant Director, Convention Sales. As part of the Sales team, the Sales Associate will support the Sales Managers in the sales process, as we work together to achieve our vision to be the global leader in outstanding venues and events. This role will work to specifically support our international and corporate markets.
BC Pavilion Corporation (PavCo) is a provincial Crown Corporation with a significant mandate to generate economic and community benefit for the people of British Columbia through its world-class facilities - BC Place Stadium and the Vancouver Convention Centre. Our internationally- recognized facilities host a diverse range of events, from global summit meetings, professional and amateur sports to trade and consumer shows, and cultural, film and entertainment events, generating in excess of $400 million annually of economic benefit.
PavCo is recognized as a global leader in venue development, marketing, and management. The Province’s flagship stadium, BC Place is proudly referred to as “Canada’s Home Stadium” for international sporting events. The iconic Vancouver Convention Centre is the world’s first double LEED ® Platinum certified convention facility and has twice been named “World’s Best Convention Centre”.
Across all business units, PavCo’s team of approximately 800 staff collaborate with a diverse range of local and international partners, official suppliers with over 1,400 staff, and clientele to host an exciting year-round schedule of events. Together, we consistently deliver an outstanding level of commitment, skill, and professionalism as we host exceptional experiences for a global audience.
WHY WORK WITH US:
Located on Vancouver’s downtown waterfront with a dramatic mountain backdrop, the Vancouver Convention Centre offers one of the most beautiful settings in the world to build your career.
Our award-winning facility hosts more than 550 events a year, from global conventions and trade and consumer shows to meetings, banquets, and special events, welcoming hundreds of thousands of attendees from around the world. Apart from generating vital economic activity for BC, these events provide an important platform for the exchange of knowledge and information across industry sectors. The Convention Centre is an enviable position, consistently attracting globally sought-after events that bring industry leaders from around the world working in medicine, education, arts, intellectual science, and many other influential fields.
Apart from the distinction of ‘Best Convention Centre and Best Convention Centre Service in North America’ by Watkins Research Group, we are proud to be the world’s first double LEED ® Platinum certified convention centre. Our commitment to global leadership in environmental sustainability does not stop at our building; we follow sustainable practices daily from our ‘scratch’ kitchen that provides healthy food offerings to our staff and guests using fresh, local and seasonal ingredients, to our extensive facility-wide recycling program.
At the Convention Centre, you will join an extraordinary team recognized for a commitment to delivering unparalleled, seamless service to our guests and leadership in all aspects of our business. Our leaders are passionate about the growth of others, investing the time to coach, teach and advise every day. Leaders look for talent and find opportunities for that talent to flourish and shine.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Using your strong analytical skills, you will qualify all incoming leads (phone, email, walk-in customers) for the Sales Department and assign to appropriate Sales Manager.
- Using your strong communication skills, collaborate with Sales Managers to respond to inquiries including researching space and date availability, pricing and providing facility information to customers.
- Using your excellent administration and attention to detail skills, collaborate with Sales Managers to prepare detailed proposals, license agreements, and correspondence in EBMS database.
- Using your strong interpersonal skills, work cooperatively with Sales Team towards common objectives. Liaise with other departments to gather facility information and estimated service costs for events.
- Using your time management skills, you will prioritize work activities that are directed by multiple team members.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- You have strong administrative and organizational skills combined with proven ability to make decisions that focus on customers’ needs in a deadline driven environment.
- You have a high level of concentration and attention to detail to enter information into VCC’s EBMS database.
- You have the capability to sit and spend several hours on a computer daily.
- You are able to meet multiple deadlines while supporting several managers with various work styles and expectations.
- You take the initiative to find and put forth better ways to get the job done.
- You are accountable for the work you produce and deliver results.
- You thrive in a highly structured administrative environment.
- You work cooperatively with others and show respect of co-workers.
This is a unique opportunity to join an innovative team dedicated to achieving outstanding results.
At PavCo, we are committed to being a diverse and inclusive employer that provides equal access to our employment opportunities based on ability. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds and experiences to apply.
The team at PavCo thanks you for your application.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $45,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year
- Administrative Support: 1 year (Preferred)
- Sales Administration: 1 year (Preferred)