If you posses strong communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with employees at all levels of an organization. If you have the ability to work in and support a strong team concept but have the ability and insight to work independently and are “Results oriented”. Are you professional, innovative, creative, and a self-starter. Do you foster a positive and professional work environment both onsite and in the office with trades and co-workers...if this sounds like you then we would love to hear from you!
- Over 3 years of residential construction estimating experience in a general contracting or construction environment
- Construction, Engineering or Architectural degree or diploma
- Knowledge of construction management, lump sum, and design-build contracts
- Strong relationships with local sub-trades and knowledge of local market conditions.
- Ability to pull apart drawings and technical specs with a solid understanding of trade scope of work.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and meet competing deadlines.
- Proficiency in computerized estimating programs.
- Produce an accurate scope of work for project
- Oversee and manage all aspects of the estimating and pre-construction process, from estimate preparation, subcontractor solicitation, through to subcontract buyout / contracting
- Work with project management and business development to determine budgeting, general conditions and strategic position for project opportunities being considered.
- Read, interpret and understand contract drawings and specifications, and maintain conformance with the same during work processes
- Review the project plans and specifications and comment on the design, scheduling, possible cost savings measures and potential construction problems
- Other duties, as assigned
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
- estimating: 2 years (Preferred)
- Port Carling, ON (Preferred)