Carefirst Seniors & Community Services Association is a non-profit community services agency. Since 1976, we have provided community support, home and personal health care services in a holistic manner to seniors, individuals with disabilities, and those with medical needs in the Greater Toronto, York, and Mississauga regions.
With a staff of 500 members (including full-time and part-time staff) and the help of a pool of 850 active volunteers, we serve over 15,000 clients a year, including seniors and the physically disabled; 3,000 of whom are "home-bound" and frail.
We are currently seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our Home Care team.
- Provide administrative and operational support to ensure smooth operation of the Program
- Answer inquiries from clients, families, and service providers; handle hotline messages and triage to concerned team members
- Process new referrals and input clients’ information into CIMS, and update monthly service statistics
- Provide virtual training and support for the Mobile Health Solution (Employee cell phone program)
- Ensure all administrative components of the program are handled effectively (ie. collect staff time sheets, handle billings, etc.)
- Post-secondary diploma in Business/Office Administration
- 2 years’ related experience in administrative or health care environment is an asset
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Efficient, courteous, and professional with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to deal with clients, families, and coworkers in an effective and tactful manner
- Excellent computer proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), as well as the ability to learn new applications
- Proficiency in English with strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to speak a second language commonly used by our clients such as Cantonese/Mandarin is an asset
- Current vulnerable sector check completed within one year
Carefirst is an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to arrange a reasonable and appropriate accommodation.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Administrative: 2 years (Preferred)
- Cantonese (Preferred)
- Mandarin (Preferred)