Exciting opportunity for a Sr. Mortgage Underwriter
Be part of a great success story.
Currently working with a client that is a multi-award winning mortgage brokerage and a recognized leader in the real estate investment world.
They are expanding their team, and are looking for an Senior Underwriter / Account Manager who brings passion, professionalism and an unshakable focus on providing excellent client service.
The business model is first and foremost about providing clients with the right financing advice that goes beyond just finding the lowest rate.
They focus on serving real estate investor clients, and self-employed clients who require detailed analysis of their needs and situation to develop a financing roadmap and the right financing structures to grow wealth through a portfolio of income properties.
My client is in the business of elevating and touching the lives of Canadians.
Our mission is to help 10,000 clients financially prosper through property investing by 2025, thereby creating abundance, peace of mind and time freedom for our clients, and indirectly positively impacting the lives of countless others and the communities they support.
They bring crystal clear clarity to wealth creation through property investing.
They travel the path least travelled to find innovative solutions for our clients.
They go above and beyond.
They empower clients with advice that is rooted in deep knowledge of investment property financing and investing.
They listen with compassion and we care deeply about our clients’ financial well-being.
They strive to be the best-in-class income property advisors on the street by evolving personally and professionally through continuous learning.
They nurture a culture of high performance, entrepreneurship, leadership, and personal and professional development that pushes us beyond our comfort zone.
Our culture is one of gratitude, collaboration, and appreciation for our unique individual talents.
Grow with us
The business is on a growth trajectory.
As they grow, so will you.
If you enjoy operating in a fast pace environment, where learning is a journey both professionally and personally, where complexity means innovation and solutions and where the work you do truly elevates others financially and where you can reap the rewards of your efforts, then you will enjoy joining our team.
Client Relationship Management
Nurturing client relationships and providing an outstanding client experience through advice and service are key components of this role.
As a client relationship manager, you will introduce any new clients you speak with over the phone or through zoom to our services, assess their needs and advise on any income property financing questions they may have.
You will also nurture relationships with existing clients and support them from a financing standpoint as they grow their portfolio.
With your deep underwriting knowledge of income property financing (residential and commercial ) and understanding of the client’s goals and finances, you will conduct planning sessions with clients to help them understand their financing options to grow their Real Estate portfolio .
Mentoring Your Support Team
In this role, you will be working with a dedicated Mortgage support specialist who will work with you hand in hand on a daily basis in an underwriting support capacity.
The Mortgage support specialist will report directly to you.
Setting performance targets, goals and providing feedback and coaching to your mortgage support specialist is needed to ensure that you work effectively together in providing an exceptional client service to clients.
This part of the role requires you to master the income property financing rules and this is where you put your knowledge into action, helping clients finance deals in a strategic manner that helps them scale up their portfolio.
You will be trained on the clients Income Property Financing Roadmap TM Framework when joining our team.
Underwriting will involve:
- Evaluating and analyzing mortgage applications and income, propertied, business, assets support documentation, credit and purchase agreements provided by client
- Verifying the information received to ensure accuracy
- Recommending financing strategies and solutions based on your assessment of the file, understanding of the income property lending guidelines and the Financing Roadmap Framework
- Liaising with the lenders on behalf of clients and negotiating the best financing options for clients
- Ensuring all information entered on D+H is accurate
- Respond to questions or concerns from clients in a timely and courteous manner to ensure timely and accurate completion of each mortgage transaction
- Handle and resolve escalated issues and offer solutions in order to maintain excellence in client satisfaction
- Utilize the CRM Deal Management software
- Keep current with the income property financing guidelines with A and B lenders.
- Keep current with all relevant legislations.
- prepare accurate and timely disclosure and compliance documents related to each deal
The Non-technical skills you need to succeed in this role
- Passion for serving others and making a difference
- Commitment to excellence
- Commitment to learning both professionally and personally
- Ability to think on your feet under pressure
- Ability to manage stress
- Drive to succeed
- Team collaboration
The Technical skills you need to succeed in this role
- Residential mortgages underwriting experience with heavy focus on income properties and self-employment income
- D+H experience
- Experience with the underwriting guidelines of income properties/ self-employed clients for the following lenders: Scotia Bank , TD , Desjardins , Manulife, Wealth One Bank , CIBC/BMO/RBC ( nice to have) , Equitable Bank, Home Trust , Optimum Mortgages, ICICI, Alterna Savings / Meridian Credit union ( nice to have ), Excalibur, Merix.
- Multi residential / Mixed use properties underwriting experience (asset )
· Broker channel experience (must have)
· Active listening skills
· Excellent written communications skills
· ungo CRM (asset)
· Floify (asset)
· Box (nice to have)
- Active FSCO license.
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, Adobe Professional
- Good organizational skills: ability to prioritize, follow up and multi-task
- Flexible and resourceful at problem-solving
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Canada wide telephone access and a reliable Internet connection, laptop/desktop and telephone
What We Offer:
- Attractive base compensation + Quarterly Performance-based bonus + discretionary year-end performance based bonus
- Flexible work from home/telecommute environment
- Industry leading business model
- Access to our thought leadership
- Unlimited access to the world’s leading personal development platform ( https://www.mindvalley.com/business/access)
- Annual allowance for professional development
While we appreciate all responses, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
_ This is a full time permanent work from home arrangement_
Reference ID: ARC_14
Accurate Recruitment Consultants Inc. provided the following inclusive hiring information:
We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Extended health care
- Wellness program
- Work from home
- Mortgage Underwriting: 1 year (preferred)