At CEP, we have engineers, scientists, professionals, forensic experts… but above all, we have determination!
We believe that the best way to develop your potential while having fun is to not take yourself too seriously.
In our team, discipline and sense of humour work hand in hand to create a warm and friendly work environment.
The exceptional skill of each of our employees is what makes us strong.
We rely on our multidisciplinary team to promote communication, efficiency and the best of partnerships.
And if an expert is missing from our team, we find one!
We are excited to invite an Architect to be part of our awesome team in Laval .
Read on to find what the position looks like...
Reporting to the Laval regional director, the incumbent of the Architect position will be called upon to determine the origin and cause of damage, whether to the envelope of buildings, to both residential and commercial structures.
As a project manager, you will be responsible for full cycle fill management - from its opening until to it's end.
Essential Job Functions
- Determine the origin and cause of damage to the building envelope (roof, siding, curtain wall) of residential, commercial and industrial buildings;
- Carry out analyzes of the conformity of buildings according to the Quebec Construction Code and applicable standards;
- Carry out studies on upgrading buildings after disasters;
- Perform thermographic examinations and standard watering tests on buildings;
- Write expert reports detailing the investigations carried out and their conclusions;
- Act as an expert witness in court.
Competencies Required for this Position
- Expertise in building science, as well as extensive knowledge in the building envelope;
- Excellent ability to synthesize and analyze information as well as problem-solve and ability to write technical reports;
- Attention to efficiency and detail, excellent practicality, organization and priorities;
- Curiosity, good judgment and initiative.
- University degree in architecture or a recognized equivalent;
- Should have a minimum of 5 years experience, preferably in inspection, consulting, quality control;
- Licensed as an Architect in Québec;
- Strong command of both oral and written, French and English;
- Working knowledge of the Construction Codes and Standards;
- Valid driver's license.