Job title :
COOK – F.W. GREEN HOME IN CRANBROOK, B.C.
F.W. GREEN HOME
F.W. Green Home in Cranbrook, B.C. is looking for a Casual Cook to join their team! - if you have graduated from a 12-month program in quantity cooking, or have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience…Apply today!
In accordance with established vision and values of the organization, reporting to the Food/Support Service Supervisor (or designate), this position performs duties related to the preparation and cooking of food items; portioning and serving food, washing and cleaning kitchen equipment, utensils and designated cooking/work stations.
As a team player you will perform a variety of duties within a Food Service Department such as:
- Prepares assigned food items by following established menus, recipes and quantity quotas;
- Plans preparation and cooking schedule;
- Cooks and seasons assigned food and therapeutic diet items such as, soups, sauces, salads, starches, meats and other protein menu items, vegetables and desserts;
- Controls portioning of food items to ensure recipe yield meets assigned quantity quotas;
- Maintains established food rotations in storage in order to minimize spoilage and waste;
- Cleans cooking area and equipment;
- Assigns tasks to designated food service workers and provides related training and orientation;
- Checks returned diet trays for items not consumed and makes substitutions according to therapeutic diet;
- Portions out and serves food and beverages within dining areas;
- Performs other related duties.
**The successful candidate must be available to work rotating day shifts from 06:30 to 14:00**
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Mountains of Opportunity! Cranbrook is situated in arguably the sunniest part of British Columbia. Nestled in a broad open valley located between the Rocky Mountains to the east and the older Purcell Mountains to the west, it offers a world-class golf destination, perfect conditions for outdoor activities, such as horse riding, hiking and biking or a relaxing afternoon boating on the lake. The winter brings great opportunities for alpine skiing or cross country skiing which starts right at the city limits. Snowmobiling is a popular activity with the locals and there is an almost limitless network of trails to discover and explore. Cranbrook is home to the main campus of the College of the Rockies. Forestry, mining, manufacturing, tourism, trade, service and transportation make up the economic backbone of the East Kootenay region.
Education, Training and Experience:
Skills and Abilities:
- Graduation from a recognized 12-month program in quantity cooking, or;
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of this position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
- Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.