Do you have Drive? Opportunity ahead!
Looking for an opportunity to learn and grow within the transportation industry? Here is another exciting opportunity for you to be part of a winning team and help us deliver parcels and small packages for Dicom – GLS Logistics Systems Canada Inc.*
Shift: Monday – Friday (start and finish at Pickering Terminal)
*This role is pivotal to the success with Dicom Transportation Group’s growth within the industry. In this role, you are skilled at building strong partnerships with customers and businesses and ensuring all freight is delivered successfully on a daily basis.
- Proactively deliver packages to various customers and businesses
- Promote safe Driving practices
- Exhibit ownership over the customer experience
- Efficiently load and unload packages damage free
- Communicate effectively with Dispatch on day to day operations
- Valid G class Driver’s license
- Sprinter Van will be required
- Must be Incorporated
- Clean Driver’s Abstract
- Proof of valid insurance and registration
- Strong geographic knowledge
- Self-motivator/self-starter who is comfortable in working independently on a daily basis
- Strategic territory management
- Strong problem solving/negotiating and strong customer focus skills
- Highly motivated and driven individual
- Ability to understand customer needs and meet those needs with successful product sale
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Related industry experience would be an asset
Various service areas available
Company Profile: *
*Founded in 1968 as a courier service with a single car and driver, Dicom now serves customers across a wide range of industries with multiple modes of transportation fulfilling over 80,000 shipments each day.
Dicom meets the needs of business-to-business (B2B) and business-to-consumer (B2C) customers through parcel, freight and logistics services, tailored to each and every one of those customers’ unique needs and requirements.
As of August 30, 2018, Dicom was sold to General Logistics Systems (GLS). This will allow Dicom to have access to the complete GLS network and allow for expansion into international services.
The fusion between the two companies will offer many advantages to our employees, clients and partners.
Dicom Transportation Group has an Equal Access to Employment Program and invites women, Aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities to apply.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Type: Freelance