The Fifteen Group is North America’s leading Hospitality Consulting and Communications Agency, with offices in Toronto and Vancouver. The Fifteen Group has been in operation for almost twenty years, and within that time frame we have worked with more than 900 restaurant clients.
Our marketing department, located in Toronto, is looking for an experienced, creative, strategic and analytical Director of marketing to lead our growing department.
Reporting to the President of The Fifteen Group, the role will lead all communications, strategy, development, and execution of client digital marketing, PR and social media initiatives, communications and campaigns.
The Director of marketing’s main function is to develop integrated marketing initiatives such as traditional and digital marketing programs that incorporate press releases, media coverage, social media, digital advertising, website content, blog posts, contests and promotions, and social influencer partnerships. Understanding how these strategies and tools can be used to drive business is critical to the role. You will be leading the project from beginning to end, with analytics and status reporting on a monthly basis, to keep the client up to date on progress. The ideal candidate will have experience with a variety of social media platforms, and will be in the know of the latest trends, apps, and tools for improved efficiencies within the department.
The Director of marketing is also responsible for client management, and must have previous experience in account management. You will be supporting and elevating the brand voices of various hospitality clients including fine dining, pubs and bars, quick service, and fast-casual restaurant brands.
- Develop strategic traditional and digital marketing programs that support client goals
- Project management of client marketing programs and strategies
- Incorporating business development while identifying unique client needs
- Composition of proposals with cutting edge marketing tactics
- Copy development for social media calendars and client websites
- Press release execution
- Oversee client social media platforms and digital guest interactions
- Development of digital advertising programs - setup, monitoring and reporting
- Development and management of digital contests and promotions
- Facilitate social influencer relations for client programs
- Digital guest reputation management
- Photoshoot management to support digital marketing strategies
- Monitor and report on results, weekly report and monthly analysis
- Seek out new social media tools, apps, and practices, utilizing and improving on existing platforms
- Account management, keeping clients informed and up to date
- Execute work back, program flow and implementation ensuring all client deliverables are met
Skills and Competencies
- Exceptional written communication skills
- Ability to adapt tone and language to a variety of brands
- Presentation and persuasive communication skills
- Social media expert
- SEO and digital advertising experience – Google and Social Media Advertising
- Budget management
- People-manager inclusion and mentoring
- Extremely organized with ability to multi-task
- Analytical and results oriented
- Meticulous and pays close attention to the details
- Creative and innovative thinker, explores beyond the surface
- Client service-oriented
- 8-10 years of marketing management and execution experience
- Experience working within the hospitality industry
- Post- Secondary Education in Marketing, Public Relations, Social Media or Digital marketing
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- Advanced experience in digital project management
- Strong foundation in Google Analytics and Social Reporting tools
- Knowledge of existing and emerging social platforms
- Active (public-facing) social media footprint
- Hands-on experience with design development tools (i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Flash or similar)
- Drivers license - ability to travel within GTA on a weekly basis to client locations.
Job Type: Full-time
- Marketing: 8 years (Required)