S.A.M. (Management) Inc. is a non-profit property management company established to provide housing for single persons, families and senior citizens. The corporation responds to unique and new housing needs, as identified by the community.
We are currently looking for a Permanent, Full-Time Caretaker.
Strong candidates will have extensive maintenance skills, have access to a reliable vehicle, be able to work independently, and excellent communication skills. We offer on-the-job training as well.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Coordinating with tenants and trades to complete maintenance tasks.
- Public relations including liaising with tenants and showing vacant units to prospective tenants.
- Carry out daily and/or scheduled checks of the building including mechanical equipment and fire alarm boards.
- Maintain the cleanliness of all public areas.
- Some unit cleaning on turnovers
- Complete rental unit condition reports (Move In/Move Out Reports)
- Attend Residential Tenancy Branch hearings as requested (as witness)
- Troubleshooting major repairs
- Repair/Troubleshoot malfunctioning appliances
- Minor flooring, plumbing and painting repairs
- Maintain and care the exterior grounds and paved areas
- Be available for after hours emergencies
Experience and Education regarding Residential Tenancy Branch considered an asset.
Maintenance and Customer Service also considered an asset.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- property management: 2 years (Required)
- maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's Licence (Required)