Who We Are:
Simbi readers fall in love with reading. We are the only reading platform that motivates students to read by giving back to their global community, providing actionable literacy benchmarks and tailored feedback. We are an early stage startup with incredible traction, including partners such as the United Nations High Commission for Refugees.
Through Simbi's online reading platform, students are motivated to read-out-loud by turning their voice into audiovisual books that teach our global community. Our algorithms provide teachers and parents with meaningful literacy benchmarks and efficiently assess student performance as they read into a laptop, tablet, or mobile device, in class or at home. With the largest combined audio-visual book library in the world, Simbi is enjoyed by both adults and children around the world, by strong readers and developing readers. We are a small and agile team, based in Vancouver, Canada who are dedicated to improving literacy through our purpose-driven company values. We uniquely motivate and engage students to read by giving back to our global community of readers through reading out loud as their literacy fluency improves.
Simbi is an equal opportunity employer.
What We’re Looking for:
An experienced and talented Head of Sales to scale parent-focused Simbi sales.
We have spent the last few year honing our product market fit. We’re now developing the sales model to support and apply these lessons as scale. It will be your job to help us accelerate this growth. You will need to embody all of the characteristics of a strong sales person-objection handling, empathy, and grit. Equally important is the way you work with others-collaboration with colleagues and a desire to serve customers is critical.
As Simbi’s Head of Sales, you will be the first voice that our customers hear. Understanding the needs of parents and their children is critical. Understanding their needs and interfacing with our team of Simbi tutors who support their literacy journey is a vital aspect of the position.
You will qualify opportunities through phone and email to move them through the funnel.
- Work closely with Chief Executive Officer and Chief Marketing Officer to build out Sales Strategy
- Implement Sales Strategy
- Qualify all inbound leads from parents and teachers to understand their needs and educate them about Simbi
- You will take these opportunities through the pipeline for closing
- Closely monitor deadlines and trigger events to ensure timely follow up
- Participate in outbound prospecting campaigns to develop new opportunities for our sales team
- Deliver accurate revenue forecasts and account notes into CRM
- Track down purchase orders to ensure the timely closing of all new business
- Become knowledgeable in market factors (e.g. education policies and literacy competitors) affecting Simbi sales opportunities
- Collaborate with all members of the Simbi team to deliver superior business outcomes, most consistently with marketing and customer success functions
The Ideal Candidate:
- Looking for highly motivated, passionate, empathetic, and intellectually curious people
- Strong academic record and demonstrates an interest in social impact, mission-driven work
- 1-4 years of sales experience
- Superior listening skills, ability to influence education decision makers, and overcome objections
- Detail oriented with an ability to step back and strategize
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment within a challenging industry
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Passion for education
- Transparent, ethical, and dependable in all circumstances
- Bachelor's Degree required
- The ideal candidate will be able to work from our Vancouver office
- Experience selling to parents or schools
- Classroom teaching experience
- Experience in SaaS sales is a bonus but not a requirement, we’ll teach you!
Our Team and Culture:
Equally important to the candidate’s skill-sets, is the candidate’s fit within our business. We are looking for someone who is entrepreneurial, fast-paced, data-driven, a creative thinker who looks for opportunities within challenges, has a competitive drive to win, and values collaboration.
Job Type: Full-time
Base Salary: $40,000/year
Sales Commission: Based on Monthly Recurring Revenue (MRR) or Annual Contract Value (ACV) of deals closed.
Equity: Competitive equity based on performance
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Commission
Salary: $40,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- Sales: 1 year (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Vancouver, BC (Required)
- English (Required)