Title: Art Director, Interactive Design
Department: Creative Services
Reports To: Design Director
Type: 3 month contract- possibility of full time
Welcometo INVIVO where our purpose is to improve the quality of life by accelerating the understanding of science.
Since 1998, we've been pioneering the integration of technology and visualization into communication that connects people and science. As a Digital Scientific Communications agency, we are committed to meeting our global healthcare client’s needs through:
- Insightful medical strategy
- Compelling scientific storytelling
- Illumination of data through visualization and interaction
- Digital solutions that use the best in leading edge technology
We have won over 120 industry awards and our work can been found online, on the latest digital devices and at major medical conferences around the world.
Our culture is not typical or ordinary, and we aim to keep it that way. At INVIVO we believe in providing a rich working environment, one filled with challenge that pushes us to innovate in ways that captures the imagination. Our cultureis about fun, meaningful work and a true sense of community. We know that living a life with passion, collaboration, integrity, curiosity, creativity and excellence leads to great things.
Check us out at http://www.invivo.com/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discrimination the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
As an Art Director at INVIVO, you are responsible for producing creative concepts, pitches, presentation materials and other visual collateral while providing mentorship and support for the design team. You’ll be working in a fast-paced environment alongside UX designers, Developers, and 3D Animators to create interactive experiences for mobile, web and conferences.
Be a brand boss:
· Develop smart and strategic creative that is on-brand and response-oriented.
· Apply and uphold brand identity systems on new and existing projects for numerous clients.
· Execute designs and develop interactive concepts/projects based on wireframes, copy decks and supplied direction with minimum oversight.
Be an effective collaborator/communicator:
· Ability to present to client and sell through creative concepts/ideas
· Collaborate internally across multiple teams and account team to manage and produce deliverables that meet client needs and expectations.
· Actively participate in client meetings (presenting work, receiving feedback on projects, and communicating that feedback internally)
Be a mentor:
· Support team professionally and set an example of INVIVO’s design standards and industry best practices.
· Clearly articulate ideas and communicate visual style and conceptual direction. Provide reasoning behind design decisions. Prepare thoughtful critiques and constructive feedback as necessary.
· Maintain proficiency in all aspects of production to be able to see projects through completion from start to finish.
· Stay current on interactive, design trends and emerging technologies with a hunger to innovate. Share and present knowledge with team.
· Identify and suggest solutions for resolving technical, creative and workload issues.
· Provide accurate estimates to Client Services on behalf of team members.
· Ensure work always meets deadlines, budget, and quality expectations.
SKILLS & Qualifications:
· 5+ years of relevant experience in a design studio, a design agency – ideally focused on interactive design, management experience a plus.
· Strong leadership, high attention to detail and organizational skills with an enthusiasm for pixel-perfect work.
· A strong portfolio that exhibits conceptual thinking (both visual and interactive), exceptional typography skills and an excellent understanding of design principals.
· Proficient in Mac OS working environment, with broad knowledge of Adobe CS (focus on Photoshop, XD, Illustrator, InDesign
· Knowledge of both digital and print production processes, experience with mobile is a plus.
· Must be able to work cooperatively as a member of a team as well as independently.
· Self motivated, organized and accountable.
· Outstanding written and verbal communications skills.
· Ability to multi-task and work efficiently under pressure while meeting tight deadlines.
Job Type: Contract