Handi-House, a leader in the retailing of mobility aids and home health care, is seeking a full-time wheelchair seating & mobility representative who will provide outstanding mobility sales for our customers in the greater Ottawa area. We sell, service and rent walkers, wheelchairs and other home health care products.
Knowledge of mobility aids is preferred but not essential. Training will be provided and the successful candidate will work with our other representatives to acquire the skills necessary to succeed.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Market and promote to occupational therapists, physiotherapists, and homeowners
- Develop strong relationships and influence with industry partners
- Grow and maintain a contact list
- Cold calling with exceptional follow up
- Seek and initiate sales calls
- Assist to achieve annual sales and gross margin targets
- Perform occasional repairs of mobility aids such as walkers, wheelchairs, power wheelchairs
- Visit hospitals, retirement homes and long-term care facilities
- Deliver and set up equipment to customers with the use of a company vehicle
- Minimum 2 years experience in a high volume customer service or sales role
- Be well-organized and efficient
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record are essential
- Must be computer literate
- Ability to interact with the elderly and challenging customers
- Able to work independently and as a team member
- Knowledge of funding programs (ADP, ODSP, EHSS, DVA) is preferred
- Possess good mechanical aptitude/technical skills
- Familiar with use of hand tools
- University degree in kinesiology, health sciences or related discipline
- Fluent English
- French (Preferred)
With increased experience, this role will handle more complex order management, including product recommendations and troubleshooting.
What We Offer
As a key member of our team, we will support you with comprehensive training, competitive salary with commission pay, plus extensive health benefits. No evenings or weekend work.
Please provide a cover letter attached with your resume.
Job Types: Full-time, Commission, Permanent
Salary: $65,000.00-$95,000.00 per year
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
- Overtime pay
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
As an essential service we have been open through the whole pandemic and have adhered to all Public Heath recommendations.
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- sales: 2 years (preferred)