Are you looking for a chance to be part of something big, something meaningful, something important? How about keeping our vital transportation infrastructure — our necessary roads, highways and bridges — safe for B.C. families and businesses!
Dawson Road Maintenance is looking for skilled, passionate people to help us safely connect our communities.
We operate a diverse fleet of specialized equipment using the latest in technology, including GPS-tracking backed by real-time weather forecasts. From winter snow to avalanches, mud slides or washouts, we work hard to make sure our highways are open and safe for the travelling public.
Work for us and you will be a valued member of the Dawson Group, a family owned group of transportation and construction companies serving all of B.C. People First is one of our core values, and we take it seriously. As well, we pride ourselves on acting with Integrity, Excellence and Respect. These values define us and guide all the decisions we make.
In this role you will be a valued member at Dawson Road Maintenance, working as working as a permanent, full-time Division Manager, Operations, reporting to the Chief Operating Officer. This role provides leadership, oversight, and management of the Fort St John and Smithers service areas for Dawson Road Maintenance. The incumbent exercises strong people management skills along with detailed planning and organizational expertise to consistently deliver against company objectives. The preferred base location for this position is Williams Lake; however, there is some flexibility in the location as Fort St John and Smithers, BC may also be considered as base locations for this position.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Prioritize safety of self and others in all aspects of the job
- Oversee total division operations to ensure both areas are performing in accordance to company expectations, policies, and procedures
- Provide guidance on project concerns such as bad weather, scheduling conflicts, quality control issues, labour issues, and contractor and/or client concerns
- Oversee the efficient use of resources, materials and labour necessary to complete various construction and maintenance projects in a timely manner
- Approve and monitor project schedules and budgets while ensuring that all resources necessary for project completion
- Support continuous improvement initiatives by integrating quality control into the process
- Negotiate contracts with suppliers, sub-contractors, agencies or other third party provider of resources, equipment or labour as agreed upon with the executive team
- Collaborates with other Division Managers on all quality, risk management, compliance with regulations and safety related issues to ensure standards are met
WHAT YOU BRING
- Minimum ten (10) years’ experience and proven track record in road and bridge maintenance within the construction industry
- Minimum five (5) in Estimating and Project Management
- Minimum three (3) in Operations Management
- Knowledge of the various asphalt materials, mix parameters, compaction theory, quality assurance testing and relevant OHS and environmental regulations
- Experience in technical, engineering service delivery and/or project management
- Effective leadership skills, with a strong focus on operations and business processes
- Knowledge of Ministry of Transportation legislation, standards and processes for road maintenance
- Experience in collective bargaining labour agreements
Looking to be a key member of a well-established family-owned company? Our core values include: People First, Integrity, Respect and Excellence and as such we are committed to providing an environment that supports the growth and effectiveness of our employees and the organization. You will work for a company that offers an excellent compensation package, pension, and medical benefits, as well as learning and long-term advancement opportunities.
The Dawson Group is expanding our reach and need people like you to join us on our journey, and to help us continue safely connecting our communities.
Apply now to start the conversation!
The Dawson Group uses a centralized application service- please apply electronically as paper resumes will not be accepted
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Road Maintenance: 5 years (Preferred)
- Senior Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Operations Management: 10 years (Preferred)