Coanda Research & Development Corporation is a rapidly growing research and development company specializing in solving the most complex industrial problems. Our expertise is the application of fundamental scientific principles to tackle complex problems. To tackle such complex challenges, Coanda develops and leverages a range of advanced methodologies such as physical and computational (CFD) modelling, mathematical and statistical modelling and custom instrumentation. Our scientific, logical approach to industrial and engineering challenges often leads to fundamental, lasting solutions for clients and a rewarding place to work for our employees.
An exciting opportunity exists in our Burnaby research facility for an energetic and committed Mechanical and Assembly Technician. Coanda conducts industrial research projects for clients from various industries. Our projects often revolve around a scale model of an industrial process which is designed, built and tested in our laboratory. The successful candidate will assist our Engineering department with assembly and commissioning these models as well as supporting our laboratory and warehouse operations.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assembly of research apparatus and prototypes, including plumbing and rigging of mechanical equipment, tanks, vessel sections, pumps, and instrumentation.
- Commissioning of research apparatus and prototypes, including performance and leak testing.
- Developing assembly plans and rigging procedures from CAD models and drawings.
- Fabrication and machining of apparatus components and parts.
- Assisting Engineers and Technologists with procurement of equipment, including vendor liaison and parts Quality Assurance (QA) checking.
- Transferring equipment with a forklift from our warehouse to our laboratory.
- Repair and maintenance of industrial, laboratory and workshop equipment.
- General lab support:
- Cleaning laboratory equipment and lab-ware and returning to stock.
- Organization and cleaning up of work areas.
- Following standard operating procedures while running analytical tests on samples to ensure repeatability, accuracy and consistency.
- Operating laboratory instrumentation, recording and communicating results.
- Organization and record keeping.
Skills and Experience:
- Candidate must be creative and thrive on solving problems.
- Hands-on experience with machinery and/or hand tools (metal, plastic, wood).
- Demonstrated exposure to plumbing of plastic and metal piping assemblies, including glued, threaded, flanged and compression-fitting connections.
- Forklift and scissor lift experience an asset.
- Experience with proper rigging techniques.
- Exposure to 3D CAD packages is an asset.
- Attention to detail while performing repetitive tasks.
The position is primarily based in Burnaby. However, there are also potential opportunities for field work and assignments to our Edmonton branch or client facilities based on project requirements. The candidate must thrive in a collaborative team environment, and be able to work with limited supervision.
- High school diploma with preference given to those with a Certificate from a post-secondary program. (mechanics, trades, etc)
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Excellent written and communication skills, fluency in written and spoken English
Benefits available to our employees:
- RRSP matching
- Health spending account
- Dental, vision and extended health coverage
- Travel coverage
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Flexible work hours
- Paid time off for sick days and medical reasons
- In-house, online and in-class training sessions and seminar
- Subsidies for professional accreditation
- Annual development plans
- Various social events for employee and their families
How to Apply: Please apply with an up-to-date copy of your resume. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent