The Municipality of Kincardine requires the services of Outside Maintainers (Contract & Casual) to work in the Public Works Department from the beginning of November to the end of March 2020.
Reporting to the Public Works Foreperson(s), the successful candidates will be required to perform various duties in the Public Works Department related to maintenance of roadways, sidewalks, and storm sewers, which will include operating heavy equipment.
This contract position is based on working approximately 40 hours per week. Rate of pay is $24.89 per hour.
This casual, call-in position is required to cover sick time, work overload, vacation time etc. Call-in may be last minute or scheduled. Rate of pay is $24.89 per hour.
The ‘ideal’ candidates will possess:
- Minimum Grade 12 education and/or industry related experience.
- Possess knowledge of methods, materials, and equipment common to public works operations.
- Skill in operating tools and equipment including snowplow, dump trucks, pay loader, hand and power tools, tractor mower and other vehicles.
- Good communication skills both written and oral.
- Must be physically fit and capable of manual labour.
- A demonstrated commitment to the Municipality of Kincardine Health & Safety program. Certification in this regard will be deemed an asset.
- Due consideration will be given to candidates who have successfully completed training at the TJ Mahony Road School.
- DZ licence.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience related to the duties listed above.
- Must have a work history that highlights teamwork and a positive attitude.
(Note: A more detailed task listing is available on our website www.kincardine.ca)
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume in confidence clearly indicating the applicable JOB # no later than 10:00 a.m., Friday, October 25th, 2019.
Job Types: Contract, Casual
Salary: $24.89 /hour
- DZ license (Required)