Join a Canadian success story still growing strong after 65 years. Stephenson’s Rental Services is a total solutions provider focused on the tool and equipment rental market. Our services help everyone from homeowners to independent contractors and major construction companies complete their projects on time and on budget. Our dedication to customer service and focus on continuous improvement has seen us flourish into one of the largest independent rental companies in Canada and we are excited about our future. We are proud of the great partnerships we form with our customers, our team members and vendor partners and the unique solutions we provide to Canadian businesses and home owners.
We currently have an opening for a Part-Time Sales Associate (Job #19354) at our location on Edgeley Blvd in Vaughan, ON within Lowe’s Home Improvement Centre.
The Sales Associate is a customer facing employee charged with selling products, taking orders, resolving customer issues and professionally representing Stephenson’s at all times. Primary responsibility focuses on providing exceptional sales and service to all existing and prospective customers. Areas of concentration include product knowledge, systems, customer service, sales, business management, inventory control, administrative routines and housekeeping.
- Secondary school graduation certificate or equivalent
- Working knowledge/understanding of construction equipment is an asset.
- Excellent Customer Service skills – ability to deal effectively with customers in person and on the phone
- Flexible with the ability to multi-task and work effectively in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to work varying hours and shifts to reflect Lowes retail hours
- Support our Customers’ needs by knowing how to operate rental equipment, explain its application, and relate appropriate add on merchandise
- Maximize sales opportunities with every customer
- Book reservations
- Anticipate customer needs and follow up on all leads
- Demonstrate enthusiasm with customer
- Safely load, transport, and operate various equipment including: construction equipment, heating equipment, and fuels and explain how they operate to customers.
- Maintain inventory documentation and levels to minimize stock outs
- Maintain accurate pricing and display
- Ensure proper equipment levels are available to minimize lost rentals
- Anticipate product demand, track availability, and ensure equipment is “rental ready”
- Adhere to all Company Safety Policies
- Ensure the promotion of safe work practices to all staff, customers, suppliers and contractors by reporting any workplace hazards to help eliminate them
- Use all personal protective equipment as required
- Maintain knowledge of relevant legislation
- Attend any training programs sponsored by the Company that relate directly to the Health and Safety of the position
- Other duties as assigned
We would like to thank all that apply! Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply and accommodations are available upon request.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
- Secondary School (Required)