Do you love Purchasing in a fast paced manufacturing environment? Want to work in Fraser Valley? If so, read on!
At BD Diesel Performance, we are constantly striving not to be simply the best, but to be better. That road never ends, and engenders a culture that is not satisfied with status quo, but of constant improvement. It means supporting employees with competitive wages, health benefits, and the tools they need. It means colleagues respecting, and supporting one another. It means better processes and better communication. Ultimately, it means a better product.
THE ROAD TO BETTER STARTS WITH YOU
BD Diesel has been experiencing double-digit annual growth year over year. This family owned & operated business employs 130+ people who contribute to being an innovative, world-class company distributing automotive parts to the North American market. Check us out on social media!
This senior purchasing team position is accountable for performing all purchasing activities necessary to continuously improve the creation and delivery of value to our customers. As a valuable member of the BD Diesel team, this position contributes to the goal of being an innovative and world class manufacturer that serves the North American diesel and gas vehicle industry.
Reporting to the Purchasing Supervisor responsibilities include:
- Manages a large portfolio with strategic suppliers including overseas
- Daily Purchase Order Cycle: Reviews Requirements, requisitions , does analysis, creates and issues PO's , Sends PO's to Suppliers, seeks timely confirmations, updates and expedites PO's as needed and communicates changes with production teams as required Resolves any Receipt issues , facilitates quality issues resulting in NCR's and Warranty RMA's with Supplier
- Sourcing: Actively sources new secondary sources for key products and misc. production supplies Also engages in more strategic sourcing working with engineering
- Supplier Management: Works with suppliers to secure supply and reduce lead times through the sharing of forecasts and providing feedback. Sets up and leads regular meetings with key suppliers whether in person or virtually. Leads simple negotiations with suppliers, participates in but does not lead more complex negotiations.
- People: Work effectively with others in a group setting to accomplish team results. Communicate impact of staffing levels. Participate in interviews and provide feedback. Train, educate, evaluate, coach, motivate, mentor team members. Provide daily direction and support to team members. This includes filling in for absentees, providing relief coverage, helping team members with training or those that are falling behind. Maintain professional communication with primarily internal facing contacts. Lead by example.
- Quality: Support and encourage participation in adherence and improvement of company product and service quality in the pursuit of zero defects. Train and adhere to quality requirements on the work performed. Provide and adhere to quality training, including use of appropriate quality concepts, tools and equipment. Train, follow, and audit standard work. Complete and ensure the neatness, thoroughness and accuracy of work and documentation. Recommend quality improvements.
- Continuous Improvement: Support and encourage continuous improvement of demand driven flow of customer value and elimination of waste. Lead and participate in team activities to share results, challenges, plan activities, solve problems and prevent them. Participate in product and service innovation.
- Other Duties as Assigned: Perform work on a temporary or regular basis according to the needs of the company without it being specifically included in the job description.
- A self-starter able to work with minimal supervision
- A leader able to supervise small staff
- Results Oriented: Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) include: individual and team safety, quality, and productivity results. Able to set SMART goals and report on results.
- Team Player: Demonstrates Humble, Hungry and (people) Smart
- Skills: Strong verbal and written communication skills. Strong math, analytical and problem solving skills. Proficient in Windows operating system, Excel, Word, Power Point and familiar with ERP software.
- Humble, Hungry (ambitious) and (people) Smart
- College or university in related field ( Business commerce, MBA, Materials Management ) would be considered an asset
- Purchasing specific certificate from a recognized originations such as APICS/ASCM
- Completion of APICS/ASCM certificate or equivalent
- Five + years of progressive purchasing experience preferably in a lean manufacturing settings*
If this intrigues you, we will forward the complete job description and start a conversation
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $60,000.00-$70,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
BD Diesel has a written Communicable Disease Prevention Plan in place.