Location(s): Calgary, AB, Montreal, QC Canada
Intelius Analytics is seeking an enthusiastic individual to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion our Operations Research practice. In the role of Simulation Specialist, you will apply your knowledge and expertise about transportation logistics, data and process modeling and analysis, and scenario analysis to simulate, increase efficiency, and provide solutions to current and future business problems. The role involves working closely with peers, mentors, other teams, regular interaction with business clients along with modeling and analysis activities. You are expected to pay close attention to details and work autonomously and with other teams, meeting project goals and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Validate and analyze business processes using the Discrete Event and Agent-based Simulation methods.
- Conduct buffer capacity optimization and system utilization studies.
- Help to identify the root cause(s) of throughput variability and provide real-world data to strengthen logistics/production efficiency.
- Establish strong relationships with the Business users and third-party vendors to collect data and may provide improvement ideas to reduce variability and increase system efficiency.
- Assist business users and divisions to optimize Design Processes.
- Conduct build sequence, layout, cycle time and system flow validations.
Knowledge and Education
- PhD/Masters/Bachelor’s degree of engineering or related discipline.
- Experience developing deterministic and probabilistic algorithms and tools
- Strong knowledge of simulation modeling software such as AnyLogic.
- Experience with FlexSim, Arena, SIMUL8 or other simulation software an asset.
- Programming skills in OOP languages such as C++, C#, Java or VBA an asset.
- Other programing languages such as Python, Scala, SQL an asset
- 5+ years of work experience.
- Experience in Transportation logistics industry strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with Operations Management / Production Engineering / Transportation Logistics concepts and methods, focusing on efficiency improvement /inefficiency reduction, inventory analysis and optimization, route and flow optimization.
- Demonstrated experience with Operations Research concepts and methods with a focus on simulation modeling, and specifically with Discrete Event and Agent-based methods.
Skills and Competencies
- Reliable, self-motivated, team player
- Attention to detail and ability to work autonomously and with other teams, meeting project goals and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to learn new software
- Must be organized, have proven ability to work under tight time constraints.
- Ability to provide reasonable time estimates for task completion
- Excellent English skills (fluent in spoken and written, presentation skills).
** Calgary or Montreal based candidates preferred.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the position; however, we will only communicate with selected candidates.
Job Type: Full-time