Atlantic Poultry Incorporated (API) provides high quality poultry products to customers throughout NB, NS, PEI and NL. API has evolved to become a significant stakeholder in the Atlantic Canada agriculture industry. We continue to be 100% owned by Atlantic Canadians and our goal is to maintain a strong and locally owned poultry industry.
We are currently seeking individuals to fill full time positions of Egg Collector/Flock Caretaker in our Burtts Corner, NB location.
The Egg Collector/Flock Caretaker employee is responsible to gather eggs on a regular basis; this will include weekends and holidays. The Egg Collector/Flock Caretaker will work as part of the team ensuring the company's animal husbandry practices are followed.
Responsibilities of this position include gathering eggs, feeding and watering chicks, pullets or hens and roosters; monitoring and regulating ventilation and temperature; ensuring water quality and supply; monitoring feed levels and handling live or deceased birds. He/she will maintain accurate daily records of egg production, feed and water consumption, mortality rates and other relevant information as well as ensuring clean and well maintained buildings equipment, and grounds.
The Egg Collector/Flock Caretaker will also assist with cleaning, washing and sanitizing the barns and equipment when they are empty. He/she will lead the barn set up for brooding or egg production. The individual must be able to work flexible hours including some holidays and weekends.
Other farm tasks shall be assigned as required.
- Customer Focus
- Time Management
- Accountability and Dependability
- Ethics and Integrity
- Gather eggs
- Monitor feed levels
- Ensuring water quality and supply are adequate
- Monitor and regulate ventilation and temperature
- Maintain accurate daily records
- Assist with cleaning, washing and sanitizing the barns and equipment
- Grade 12 or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to work with live poultry.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. .
- Experience in the agricultural industry preferable.
- Strong commitment to health & safety
- Pleasant, outgoing personality, with a friendly positive approach to customer service.
- Dust at times with strong odours
- Exposure to cold in winter months and heat in summer months.
- Working alone.
- Repetitive work.
While we thank all applicants, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
- Employee assistance programs
- Vacation & paid time off
- Company pension
- Disability insurance
- Vision care
- Life insurance
- Dental care
- On-site parking
- Wellness programs
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $14.49 per hour
- agriculture: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)