- Hourly position
- Straight Night Shift
- Reports to Maintenance Supervisor
The position provides professional, government - certified services to the plant facility through effective troubleshooting of equipment problems (including mechanical issues, PLC problems and electronic feed systems) throughout the plant, and solving them quickly and cost effectively; repairing mechanical and minor electrical malfunctions on production and facilities equipment; and must be cognizant of and to be able to check and keep in good working order, and to ensure preventative maintenance practices are followed, notifying appropriate personnel to schedule needed downtime.
· Must be able to install, troubleshoot, and repair complex production equipment, involving work of a varied nature with minimum supervision
· Enhance equipment performance by installing modifications; making adjustments; and recommending improvements.
· Replace defective parts of machine or adjust clearances and alignment of moving parts
· Repair and lubricate machines and equipment
· Assemble and install equipment, using hand tools and power tools
· Electrical troubleshooting and fault finding of AC drives
· PLC hardware troubleshooting.
· Troubleshoot, maintain and repair industrial, electrical and electronic control systems and other related devices
· To prevent equipment failure through analysis, parts replacement and care of machinery by means of an approved maintenance program
· To troubleshoot and repair any breakdowns in the shortest possible time and make an analysis of the failure to determine the reason and prevention of a future similar breakdown
· Share knowledge of equipment by training and coaching fellow employees.
· Occasionally performs work in other trades
· Completes routine paperwork as required and has a thorough understanding of SAP and other CMMS’s.
· Works from drawings, written or verbal instructions and sketches
· Operates production equipment to check work as required
· Directs work of helpers as required
· Ensures compliance with manufacturing, CFIA, health and safety, government regulations and all Food Safety standard operating procedures.
· Maintains a high standard of Health and Safety, strictly adheres to Health & Safety SOPs and complies with safety regulations as stated within the Health & Safety Act
· Strictly adheres to SOP’s and maintains a high standard of Quality and Food Safety
· Valid British Columbia Millwright license.
· Minimum one (1) year experience, preferably in a food production facility
· Excellent troubleshooting skills and knowledge of preventive maintenance
and other maintenance tools.
· Ability to analyze equipment malfunctions and then selects appropriate corrective actions.
· Knowledge and understanding CFIA, WHMIS and GMP requirements
· Experience in lean manufacturing or continuous improvement is required.
· Takes initiative to evaluate and try to improve overall line efficiency.
· Ability to communicate with both management and team members.
· A good listener with excellent written communication skills
· Must be very flexible, be a team player, and have the ability to work with minimum supervision
· Must have excellent work ethics and attendance record
· Will be required to perform physically demanding work
· Must have good command of the English language.
We are America’s largest processor, marketer and distributor of branded and private label rice products.
Riviana brands are well known for their quality and excellence and the company is committed to providing the most wholesome products on the market today, to leading both the rice and pasta industries in innovation, and to providing high-quality products you can be proud to serve your family.
Our global reach is an important factor in Riviana's success. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ebro Foods, S.A., the world leader of the rice sector, we take a world view of the rice and pasta business and draw upon the global resources of our parent company. Riviana Foods Canada has options for every meal occasion! Look for us online at www.riviana.com or www.olivieri.ca
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $32.50 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Delta, BC V3M 6K8: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Are you ok working in a cold/noisy environment?
- Do you have any concerns working with flour, nuts, yeast, eggs, beef(cooked), chicken(cooked) or pork(cooked)?
- Millwright: 1 year (required)
- Millwright License (required)
- Overnight Shift (required)
- Night Shift (required)
Work Location: In person