William Street Beer Co. is HIRING
Customer Service Specialist
William Street Beer Co. is a small, family run micro-brewery based in Cobourg, ON. We have a passion for creating great tasting beers and providing our guests and customers with amazing experiences. We value team members who are passionate about beer and food and who are excited to contribute in a fun and often fast paced environment.
The William Street Beer Co. Tap Room is the cornerstone and life blood of our business. We work every day to provide our guests with a fun and educational experience. Our ideal candidate will provide visitors with a WOW experience. They will work hard to identify opportunities to go above and beyond in order to exceed customer expectations and create RAVING FANS.
We need someone with a passion for food, it’s skillful preparation and service. Culinary experience and interest is a key component for success in this position.
This position will require a somewhat flexible work schedule of 12-20 hours per week, with variations based on seasonal demands and business requirements. Evening and Weekend availability will be required.
- Greeting and providing exceptional service to all visitors to the brewery
- Responsibly serving draught beer
- Processing retail purchases
- Preparing and serving food items as instructed
- Restocking and facing retail displays to ensure neat presentation
- Answering the phone, addressing general inquiries and directing information
- Daily cleaning of Tap Room, Retail Store and Food Prep areas
- Opening and Closing of the Tap Room and Retail Store
- Cash Handling and Payment Processing
- Conducting Craft Beer Tastings and conducting tours of our production facility.
- Managing and executing periodic off-site events
- General Brewery duties, as assigned
- Exceptional Customer service skills. Previous serving experience is mandatory
- Sales experience is preferred
- A passion for great beer and a strong knowledge of beer styles, ingredients and brewing process
- Experience working in a fast paced environment
- Outgoing with strong public speaking skills
- Great communicator with very strong verbal ability
- A positive attitude and and sense of professional responsibility are required
- Smart Serve Certification Required
- Food Handling Certification Required
- 18 Years or older
- Available to work a flexible schedule
- Formal Beer Training (ie. Cicerone, Prud’homme) is an asset
- Class G Drivers License an asset
- TouchBistro experience an asset
Our ideal candidate will cover all of the above bases as well as demonstrating a genuine desire to contribute to the growth and evolution of our company. We are a small organization and the entire team is frequently asked to wear multiple hats. What intangible skills do you have that will make our operation better?
William Street Beer Co. is an enthusiastically equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion. We will consider all applicants equally without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or any other legally protected factors.
Please do not apply in person.
Selected candidates will be contacted for interview.
Please note, this is not brewing position.
Job Type: Part-time
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Food Handler (Required)
- Drivers License G (Preferred)
- Smart Serve (Required)