To provide community-based intensive support to adults living primarily in East Toronto dealing with a major mental illness; the overall goal of the support is to enable the clients to live successfully in their community of choice and achieve their maxi mum potential in all areas of their lives.
- Baccalaureate in a related field
- Evidence of ongoing commitment to professional development
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years front line experience working in a community mental health field
- Demonstrated knowledge of Mental Heal Reform and consumer/survivor issues required
- Demonstrated ability to provide ideal client care for a d iverse population in terms of ethno-racial and cultural background, abilities, spiritual beliefs, socio-economic status, sexual orientation, gender identification is required
- Excellent knowledge of housing, social, financial, work and other community resources
- Demonstrated ability to assess, plan, implement and evaluate client needs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and coaching skills required
- Flexible, organized and self-dir ected within scope of responsibility; has initiative and independent judgement
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, problem-solve with proven critical and creative thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently and in a team environ ment
- Demonstrated computer competence required
- Demonstrated ability to advocate strongly on behalf of the client
- Good work and attendance record required
- All employees of Michael Garron Hospital (MGH), a division of Toronto East Health Netwo rk (TEHN) [formerly Toronto East General Hospital (TEGH)] agree to work within the legislated practices of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario.
- All employees of MGH are responsible to contribute to a transparent culture of patient and s taff safety by adhering to and abiding by patient and staff safety policies and procedures set by MGH.
- All employees are accountable for protecting the psychological health and safety of themselves and their co-workers through adherence to MGH's pol icies and practices.