The Shipper & Receiver Individual is responsible for receiving shipments including product verification, recording of raw materials & warehouse labeling. They will pick up the right orders, pack them safely, check received goods for accuracy, and ensure that the general incoming and outgoing orders are handled efficiently.
They are also responsible for maintaining an acceptable level of physical inventory (raw material, finished goods or center pieces). The role also includes custom Manufacturing of gaskets (vulcanizing, slitting, lathe etc.) and assisting the production manager as needed.
- Quality Orientation
- Organizational Ability
- Development and Continual Learning of Materials/Equipment
- Problem Solving
- Planning and Organizing
- Team Work
- Ensure incoming product is received and managed appropriately according to company procedure.
- Manage and maintain Inventory for raw material & finished goods in the proper warehouse location.
- Ensure materials are ready and available for production & shipping as and when required (Material staging)
- Work with procurement team to ensure materials arrive on time for production orders
- Manage minimum order quantities of stock and report shortages to procurement for replenishment as well as for production
- Monitor and evaluate material utilization and centres
- Custom Manufacturing of gaskets (die cutting, vulcanizing, slitting. Lathe, router etc)
- Achieve a minimum of 95% inventory record accuracy
- Receive incoming shipments and inspecting for accuracy.
- Count items to ensure correct quantity has been received
- Determine storage areas for incoming shipments and allocate appropriate space in the plant.
- Assist in physically moving incoming items to designated storage areas.
- Operate forklifts to pick up heavy boxes and transport them to appropriate area.
- Assist in loading and unloading shipments
- Check incoming and outgoing shipments for correct paperwork in accordance with AS9100.
- Arrange for courier pick up / Obtain competitive freight quotes for LTL shipments
- Assist in other orders as needed and performing other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma and 5-10 years Industry Experience in a manufacturing company
- Strong mechanical aptitude with ability to perform routine equipment maintenance
- Fork Lift License is required
- AUTOCAD experience would be an asset
- Sage ERP/Accpac would be an asset.
- Strong Computer skills (Excel, Word)
- Must be able to read drawings and check basic dimensions
- Demonstrated organizational skills with strong oral and written communication abilities
- Possess the willingness to learn, improve and adapt.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills for a demanding and customer focused working environment
- Strong work ethic
- Professional/mature demeanor under stressful situations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Confident, consistent decisive personality
- Must be able to work with little supervision; must be self-directed
Job Type: Full-time
- Mississauga, ON (Preferred)