St. Leonard's Community Services London and Region is dedicated to promoting positive change in all persons who are or could be in conflict with the law to help them realize their potential, contributing to a safer and healthier community.
SLCS is currently seeking a Relief Justice Worker who are available to work flexible schedules in our Supervised Independent Living (SIL) program as well as our Attendance Centre Program (ACP). This role would be split between both programs. The SIL program works in the community, supporting adult individuals who have developmental delays and/or disabilities. The ACP engages youth in programming and integration into the community as well as providing support to high-risk referrals from youth court. With a focus on providing excellent client care, you will perform the following as needed:
- Support and participate in providing client assessments
- Manage, prepare and support crisis intervention
- Provide discharge planning and support services
- Assess clients’ skills and needs, including mental health and substance use issues
- Facilitate programming sessions
- Provide in home supports (SIL) and at the Attendance Centre (ACP)
- Provide advocacy for clients involved in the criminal justice system
- Liaise with other services i.e. clinical support, parole/probation officers, courts to coordinate care for clients
- Establish and build client relationships quickly
- Complete and maintain all necessary information through documentation procedures and reporting requirements through internal systems
- Other requirements in support of client and agency goals
The role and schedule for this position will require general availability in providing client care during all shifts, including evenings, weekends, and public holidays. The incumbent would be expected to travel locally as required.
- University Degree or College Diploma in Social Work or related field or equivalent work experience
- Two-years’ experience in Restorative Justice, Mental Health or Addiction Support (preferred)
- First Aid /CPR with AED - Level C
- Crisis Prevention and Intervention (Preferred)
- Valid G class Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle
- Bilingualism (French/English) or proficiency in a second language is an asset.
In accordance with SLCS’ policy on Police Background Checks, this position requires that the individual provide, at their own cost, a clear Police Check which includes vulnerable sector screening as a condition of employment.
SLCS adheres to the French Language Services Act. SLCS is also committed to promoting equity and diversity in our employment practices. As well, we are an equal opportunity employer which is committed to an inclusive and barrier free workplace, in support of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should an applicant require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please inform the recruitment contact and we will work with the applicant to meet the accommodation needs.
Visit our brand new website at http://www.slcs.ca/ for more information on our programs
- On-site parking
- Employee assistance programs
- Flexible working hours
Job Types: Part-time, Casual, Permanent
Salary: $18.32 /hour
- social service work: 1 year (Required)
- First Aid & CPR Level C (Preferred)
- G Class Driver's Licence (Required)
- University Degree or College Diploma (Preferred)