Delta Star is a leading transformer manufacturing company seeking an Electrical Engineer at our St-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Québec facility.
The incumbent will report to the Engineering Manager and will prepare and initiate plans and specifications for other departments such as Procurement, Quality and Production. He will also have to support the customers, the salesmen and the Marketing team.
- Provide design plans for world-class power transformers using design software, internal rules and customer standards
- Produce drawings and documents for the client and by order. Provide technical support where necessary
- Analyze and respond to customer requests, gather relevant information and propose appropriate corrective actions for customer service to ensure quick solutions
- Be aware of new technological solutions for new products in order to reduce costs and optimize industrial processes (manufacturing and testing). Implement them within the team
- Guide shop workers on new design techniques and workshop issues
- Understand International Design Standards and Delta Star (product line rules and design tools)
- Continually develop practical knowledge of processes, tools and methodologies for all phases of the manufacturing process. Evaluate test results and make necessary modifications to future designs in coordination with product line R & D
- Conduct projects to reduce costs, increase quality or eliminate delays in time
- Participate in the continuous improvement of action plans.
- Assign designs to engineers based on schedule.
- Supervise designs.
- Develop new rules for designs.
- Trains engineers and designers.
- Evaluate the performance of the Mechanical Engineering Department personnel.
- Cooperate with Manufacturing, Testing, Quality and Contract Departments, as well as external suppliers.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
- Regular member of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec
- 5 years of experience in power transformer design (Strong asset)
- Knowledge of the manufacturing industry
- Experience with drawing software and Autodesk tools (AutoCAD, Inventor, Target, TDS)
- Experience Microsoft Dynamics D365 (or other ERP systems)
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office suite software
- Familiar with ANSI standards
- Knowledge of power transformer technologies and components is an asset
- Knowledge of industrial design processes is an asset
- French and English bilingualism in writing and speaking.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Concern for customer satisfaction;
- Concern for profitability;
- Concern for deadlines;
- Ability to work in a multicultural and multi-site environment;
- General knowledge of customers and the market;
- Interpersonal skills with colleagues;
- Ability to understand business issues;
WHY JOIN DELTA STAR:
- Competitive compensation
- Wonderful and stimulating work environment and teammates
- Comprehensive benefits package (Medical, Dental, Vision, and more)
- Employer contribution to a retirement pension plan
- On-site Parking (Free)
- On-site cafeteria with discounted food meal.
- 37.5 hours per week
- Monday to Friday
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $65,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- Electrical engineering: 3 years (preferred)
- Power Transformers: 2 years (preferred)
- French (preferred)
- English (preferred)
- * Member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec (OIQ) (preferred)