Jennifer Ashleigh Children's Charity (JACC) is seeking an Administrative Assistant/Program Support team member to join our small staff team. Since 1990, we have been improving the quality of life for seriously ill children and their families...when love is not enough. We require someone for approximately 20 hours per week to work from our office location ten minutes north of the Town of Uxbridge. We offer a fun and warm team environment, and a meaningful work experience.
- Manage and update website as required
- Contribute to our social media accounts; Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Organize printing and mailing of seasonal newsletters including picking up printing/delivery to mailing house
- Database input (Access and DonorPerfect)
- Day to day general office duties
- Pre-screen new applicants as general emails/phone calls come in
- Follow up with general inquiries (general mail, forwarded phone calls, etc.) regarding eligibility, qualifications and application questions
- Manage communication with In Memory/In Honour donations, and direct any calls from donors as required
- Assist various staff members where needed during busy times
- Manage/track approved funding for families and issue payments as necessary (including monthly approvals, reimbursements to families, etc.)
- Maintain a professional demeanor and appearance at all times as a first point of contact with the public
- Tracking/ordering of all office supplies/stationery
- Event support of our signature and some third party events
KEY QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Competent in Microsoft Office Programs
- Excellent social media and website skills
- Excellent creative writing skills
- Organizational skills and attention to detail is a must
- Ability to multitask and assist various staff members where needed
- Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Willingness to work occasional evenings/weekends (for meetings, events) as needed
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Jane Sleep, Executive Director. In your cover letter, please tell us about yourself and why you think you’d be a good fit for the job.
We thank all who have expressed an interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Job Type: Part-time