Insight Global is looking for a Manager, P&C Reinsurance Reporting to join a large insurance company in Guelph on a full time/permanent basis. The existing manager is retiring before September and they would like someone in place asap for knowledge transfer. The Manager would oversee a team of 5 direct reports and oversee the team for reinsurance accounting and reporting. Detailed responsibilities are below:
1. Managing the reinsurance reporting process end-end to ensure accurate financial information is collected and reported to various stakeholders.
2. Ensuring timely payments and collections from resinsures and collaborating with business partners and external stakeholders to support inquiries and audit requests
3. Overseeing monthly reconciliation processes to ensure the integrity of the reinsurance balances on the general ledger and completing regulatory reporting requirements
4. Striving for continuous improvements to reinsurance process (going more digital than manual)
5. Coaching, leading and mentoring teammates to increase ownership in responsibilities and encourage to do their best work.
Strong people manager and enjoys mentoring direct reports to take ownership and do their best work
Can drive initiates and optimize business processes as the company moves more digital
Strong accounting background, either in experience or strong certifications (CA, CMA, CPA, etc)
Experience in the insurance industry (Property and Casualty) in Canada, understanding or experience in reinsurance is a great asset but not necessarily required if the candidate can learn quickly
Regulatory experience within PC insurance (OSFI reporting)
Bilingual (French and English)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Insurance: 5 years (Preferred)