Family of Schools:
Tatamagouche Regional Academy
Hours Per Day:
Hours Per Week:
Thursday February 25, 2021
Thursday March 4, 2021 at 12:00:00PM
Anticipated Start Date:
Friday March 5, 2021
Reporting to the School Principal(s), the Librarian will be responsible for organizing, planning and managing the School Library within designated schools.
A job description is available on the website.
- Master of Library and Information Studies (MLIS) from an ALA accredited institution.
In the event that there are no fully qualified candidates, the position may be filled on a term basis with the candidate who, in the Employer's opinion, comes closest to meeting the minimum qualifications.
- Experience and enthusiasm working with children and/or young adults
- Knowledge of literature for children and/or young adults.
- Ability to apply in-depth subject knowledge acquired at the undergraduate level of education
- Ability to model for students and staff, strategies for locating, assessing and evaluating information within and beyond the school library
- Vision and demonstrated ability to create a functioning learning environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective interaction with all staff and students
- Ability to effectively lead a team as well as work as a team player and provide support as required
- Performing multi-tasks with accuracy and efficiency
- Ability to work independently in a position of trust
This is a bargaining unit position represented by the Nova Scotia Government and General Employees Union.