Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
Employment: Full time
Nova Analytical Systems, a unit of Tenova Goodfellow Inc. (www.nova-gas.com)
Local Hamilton Company - Manufacturer of Customized Heavy-duty Industrial Products.
Nova Analytical Systems has been designing and manufacturing dependable gas analysis equipment for over 40 years. Nova offers continuous and portable gas analyzers, sensors and monitors. We serve a diverse range of industries and customers, all over the world. Tenova Goodfellow is a world leader in optimization of electric arc furnace operation using the NextGEN technologies.
Our integrated approach to design and manufacturing allow us to configure our products to suit each application, while still being able to offer the best price, long-term reliability and proven technology in each analyzer.
We pride ourselves in offering our customers superior products, providing exceptional customer service and developing an outstanding team of employees. We offer a challenging and rewarding work environment.
Assembly and Test Technician: As part of the Final Assembly team, this position has the following key functions:
- Panel and cabinet preparation including drilling, tapping and metal fabrication.
- Installation high pressure gas fittings and bending of SS tubing.
- Electrical wiring of AC and low voltage devices.
- Assembly of components and modules to industry standards and the highest level of quality and craftsmanship.
- Testing of electronic, electrical, mechanic and gas sensor devices.
- Overall system quality control testing.
Successful candidates will demonstrate a strong work ethic, proven performance in a team environment, and a can-do attitude. All must exhibit good organizational skills and be able to multi-task efficiently.
All candidates will be evaluated for fit with our core values of respect, quality, trust, creativity, accountability, measurement, communication, strong work ethic, resiliency and teamwork.
- A college level electronics / electrical technician or technologist diploma
- You have at least 2 years technical experience including the use of AutoCAD
- Your command of the English language both written and verbal is outstanding
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft and Internet applications
- Familiarity with networks (understanding of IPs, subnets)
- Experience working with protocols such as RS232/422.
Position Specific Abilities
- Must possess safety awareness and follow Nova / TGI and client Health and Safety policies at all times.
- Must be able to work independently, remotely and with the resilience, ingenuity and determination to successfully complete work on time and professionally at the client’s site.
- Must be able to demonstrate abilities working and sustaining in a fast paced production area.
- Must have proven abilities in communication, organization, setting priorities, work well independently and in a team environment, and be results-orientated.
- Adjusts to and accepts changes in direction and priorities and effectively responds to change.
- Effective documentation through reports, photos and video is second nature.
- Must show competence with panel and cabinet preparation including drilling, tapping and metal fabrication, Installation of high pressure gas fittings and bending of SS tubing.
- Knowledge of Electrical wiring of AC and low voltage devices.
- Capabilities testing and troubleshooting digital and analog electronic, electrical, mechanic and gas sensor devices.
- Troubleshooting software and hardware integrated systems
- Developing standard operating procedures and test documents, assisting in software development, participating in 5S activities and materials management.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- Must exhibit good judgement, ingenuity, and personal and professional integrity.
- Must be able to work overtime when required.
- Participate in annual inventory count.
We welcome your application if you meet these criteria.
References will be required.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Tenova Goodfellow Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed maintaining a diverse workforce.
Tenova Goodfellow Inc. is committed to providing reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process and employment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Job Type: Full-time
- Assembly: 2 years (Preferred)