With offices in London, Toronto, Strathroy and Kitchener, Lerners LLP provides a full range of legal services throughout Ontario. Lerners maintains an attractive work environment with excellent support services and state-of-the-art technology. Lerners’ employees enjoy a fast-paced work environment and a supportive, collegial culture. Our positions are best suited to individuals who take pride in their work and understand the importance of exceptional client service.
Lerners is seeking a Legal Assistant to support the Commercial Litigation legal team in the London, Ontario office. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of experience working in a similar position. The primary duties will be managing administration for a busy partner and their associate. This is a Hybrid position and requires a minimum of 2 days in office or as required.
- general administrative tasks including answering the phone and handling messages
- managing all scheduling including managing calendars, and the Bring Forward “tickler” system
- ensuring organization and follow up on said Bring Forward system
- compiling, serving, and filing motion records and other court documents
- drafting, sending, and replying to correspondence
- communicating with clients, experts, and the courts
- preparing and sending invoices
- file opening and closing
- managing documents in a Document Management System and in Relativity
- document management including scanning documents
- transcription of dictation and/or proofreading dictation from an external center
- and other duties related to administration of the practice
- at least 3-5 years of experience as a Legal Assistant, preferably in a Litigation role
- deep familiarity with The Rules of Civil Procedure, particularly as it pertains to service rules and deadlines
- a keen attention to detail and strong organization skills
- a strong work ethic
- the ability to work affectively on a team and individually
- excellent communication skills
- experience with technology and working in a remote/ hybrid environment
- experience with Relativity and Document Management Systems is an asset
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit an application including an updated resume and cover letter to our career portal by September 4, 2023. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will receive a response.
All Lerners employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Benefits of Working at Lerners:
Working at Lerners is both challenging and rewarding.
Our skilled Learning and Development team provides training and continued support to all firm members. Lerners is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package:
Commensurate with skill level and years of experience.
- Health, Extended Health, Dental and Vision care
- LTD insurance
- Life insurance
- Parking/Transit reimbursement
- RRSP matching program
- Paid Volunteer Time
- Referral Bonus
- Employee Assistance Program
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well