Crane Supply is Canada's premier distributor of quality pipe, valves, fittings and piping accessories. Our key market segments include Industrial and Commercial Contractors, Industrial Maintenance, Repair and Operations (MRO), Fabricator, and Engineering Procurement and Construction firms.
The Warehouse Associate performs a variety of tasks to ensure the efficient and effective management of receiving and shipping activities to meet customer needs. The position requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills; planning, organization and multi-tasking ability, attention to detail, as well as, computer skills.
- Responsible for receiving, loading and unloading trailers, picking orders, restocking product and shipping with the use of a hand and mechanical trucks
- Responsible for counter sales
- Ensures customer orders are completed
- Accountable for productivity and efficiencies of warehouse operations
- Ensures all orders are picked and ready for shipment in a safe and timely manner; reports any exceptions to stakeholders
- Maintains regular communication with customers/sales staff regarding service/delivery matters
- Optimizes the use of warehouse resources to meet customer shipping requirements
- Ensures efficient operations are maintained by optimizing availability of efficient and safe equipment, identifying process improvement opportunities, etc.
- Reports any damage to equipment or shipments, ensuring photographs and reports are completed.
- Maintains a clean, organized and safe warehouse environment
- Other duties as assigned which include driving
- Minimum 3 year in the warehousing or distribution sector
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated and work well in a team environment
- Ability to effectively handle multiple conflicting priorities
- Ability to effectively prioritize work and meet time sensitive orders
- Good computer skills
- Industry experience and/or product knowledge is an asset
- Attention to detail required
- Valid forklift license
This position is located in Canada. Applicants must have Canadian work authorization in order to be considered. Sponsorship is not available. International applications are not reviewed. Crane Supply is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and discriminatory free environment for all employees. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and, where practicable, accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.75 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Warehouse: 1 year (preferred)