With an international reputation for success, Western ranks as one of Canada's top research-intensive universities. Our research excellence expands knowledge and drives discovery with real-world application. Western also provides an exceptional employment experience, offering competitive salaries, a wide range of employment opportunities and one of Canada's most beautiful campuses.
The Department of Psychology is a large diverse academic department. Full-time faculty members are active researchers with external grant support from government, industry and/or private foundations. The Department has areas of specialization including: Clinical Science and Psychopathology; Cognitive, Developmental, and Brain Sciences; Industrial Organizational Psychology; Social and Personality Psychology.
The Technical/Research Support 1 will be responsible for carrying out research functions in collaboration with principal investigators, staff, and students on studies involving adults and children from the community, in adherence with prescribed procedures and protocols. The incumbent will be responsible for the recruitment of research participants and will involve initiating contact with the guardians of child participants. The incumbent will schedule and run test sessions, maintain records, and analyze, summarize and compile data and results for dissemination. The incumbent will also be responsible for facilitating research subjects in becoming acclimated to an MRI simulator and provide assistance during MRI scanning sessions. Additional management duties will include submission and maintenance of ethics protocols, data management, and financial records.
- Undergraduate Degree in a Psychology, Neuroscience or a related field
- Honours Undergraduate Degree or Masters Degree in Psychology, Neuroscience or a related field preferred
Skills, Abilities & Expertise:
- 1 year of work experience supporting research in a related technical field
- Familiarity with experimental design and analysis
- Detail-oriented with an ability to function and process information with high levels of accuracy
- Ability to follow processes with high attention to detail
- Ability to employ a systematic and efficient approach to work
- Computer skills with the ability to learn and use software programs
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Personable and courteous in working relationships with colleagues, students and the public
- Ability to collect and analyze data in an objective manner
- Demonstrated ability to understand and resolve issues
- Ability to work independently and effectively as a member of the team to achieve department goals
Western offers a broad and exciting variety of part-time and temporary employment opportunities with ample room for job exploration and growth. Within our beautiful campus, you are part of a progressive work environment that promotes work/life balance including access to our state-of-the-art recreation centre. Apply for an opportunity to be part of the Western community and contribute to its success!
Please note, successful applicants may be required to produce current record check(s) (e.g. vulnerable sector, criminal record and police information) from a police service prior to commencing employment.
Applying at Western
To ensure that your application is given full consideration, please complete all relevant sections of the application. In addition, you can choose to supplement your application with a cover letter and current resume.
Consideration of applicants will include an assessment of previous performance, experience, and qualifications. Applicants should have oral communication skills in English.
Western Values Diversity
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 519-661-2194.
Effective September 7, 2021, all employees and visitors to campus are required to comply with Western's COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.