Vernon Native Housing Society - OFFICE ASSISTANT POSITION
The Office Assistant provides reception, clerical and client service duties within Vernon Native Housing Society.
Hours of Work/Salary: 35 hour/week. Salary based on experience. This position is temporary and may lead to permanent.
- Competent in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook (experience in Access an asset)
- Exceptional communications skills, both verbal and written
- Able to manage in high stress situations
- Ability to deal with clients and outside agencies in a courteous and tactful manner
- Experience with cash payments, maintaining cash float, preparing bank deposits
- Experience with Simply Accounting or other accounting software
- Sound knowledge of office procedures
- Exceptional ability to plan and meet deadlines
- Enjoy working independently with initiative and self-direction
- Must have a reliable vehicle and a valid BC Drivers License
- Must be willing to undergo a criminal record check
- Preference will be given to a qualified Aboriginal person
Please submit cover letter & resume.
Closing Date: 4:30 pm – Friday, June 12, 2020
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- office assistant: 2 years (Required)