Brampton Hardwood Floors …A GREAT place to work!
With more than 6 locations, Brampton Hardwood Floors is Ontario's largest specialty retailer of hardwood flooring. Our associates drive our success through a commitment to providing customers with the highest quality product at the lowest prices.
The Store Manager (SM) has total store (four-wall) accountability and is responsible for the day-to-day and long-term operations and financial success of a retail flooring business with an emphasis on delivering consistently positive results. The SM is responsible for leading, planning, and directing him/herself along with their associates and is accountable for all functional areas of the store, including driving sales, overall store financial performance, and execution of company initiatives, staffing, inventory control, and compliance with company standards. The Store Manager is accountable for setting the standards and expectations for all aspects of the store.
Job Title: Store Manager
Department: Store Operations
Reports To: Head Office
Related Experience, Qualifications and/or Certifications:
- Three to eight years of related sales/retail/customer service experience; minimum of three years of direct managerial experience (developing, leading teams and/or managing associates)
- Experience recruiting, assessing, selecting and developing associates, preferably in a retail environment
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record (Required)
Computer Skills / Special Equipment Knowledge:
- Basic Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Outstanding telephone skills
- Point of Sale (POS) experience preferred
- Ability to drive/operate a forklift required (forklift certification required prior to operating equipment)
General Work Schedule:
- In general, a Store Manager’s work week consists of 6 - 7 days which will include Monday, Tuesday, and Saturday. Store Managers routinely work up to fifty (50), and sometimes more, hours per week based on business, staffing and customer needs.
- Store Managers are expected to be regularly involved in store opening and closing as well as working some Sundays, evenings and holidays as required by staffing and business needs. Some travel may be required.
- Periodically, Store Managers may find it necessary to arrange their schedule to fill store staffing gaps due to associate absences, scheduled Paid Time-Off, special/promotional events or other business demands.
Store Managers generally work in a retail sales and warehouse environment that involves the use of office equipment, such as computers and telephones, machinery/mechanical equipment, ladders and heavy equipment (forklift). Some exposure to moderate noise, outdoor elements (heat and cold) and airborne particles.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Retail Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- management: 1 year (Preferred)
- leadership: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)